Home

Roster - Full 30 Team/93 Man Equipment Edit

This is a discussion on Roster - Full 30 Team/93 Man Equipment Edit within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2024, 06:18 PM   #1
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Roster - Full 30 Team/93 Man Equipment Edit

Hey OS,

Like you, I prefer to see the most realistic game of baseball played in my imaginary world. My biggest pet peeve is seeing a baseball player wear white batting gloves with their gray away uniforms. Or a player on the Seattle Mariners wearing a red glove in the field. To combat this, I took it upon myself to edit all 93 players on all 30 teams from Black/White/Red/Blue/Green/Purple to Team Color 1, Team Color 2, and Team Color 3 on all equipment.

Of course, some exceptions are made based on the player, but for the most part, all players use TC1,2,3.

My roster also includes correct jersey numbers, the international free agents (Yamamoto, Lee, Matsui), some missing players (Mayer, Wesneski), and all current roster moves as of 3/19 (Blake Snell on SF).

Finally, I change all CP to RP (no point in differentiating) and I re-rate RP stamina to reflect them being in the bullpen and not a failed SP. For example, all RP with Stamina over 70 is lowered to 35. Anyone between 35-70 get bumped down to 30. The rest I leave as is.

Oh, and no injuries.

What this roster does not include is realistic 26/40-man rosters. (because of no injuries)
All teams have ONLY their 26-man MLB roster on their 40-man. Allows you some flexibility with how you want to handle your rosters individually without having to deal with Options, Waivers and DFAs. I recommend handling that before starting your Franchise/RTTS.

I did take some liberties on player's equipment when it came to their brands. For players with generic/not branded or brands not in MLBTS, I either gave them random brands or tried my best to re-create them (Kershaw's Sketchers cleats are just Jordans without the Jordan logo)

For some players, I went online and tried to match their equipment. But for others, I just gave them what I think looks good. For example, the 57 OVR, D potential 26-year-old 3B, may have incorrect equipment. (But it won't be white on the road!)

I also took it upon myself to give players some better looking jersey numbers than their spring training numbers. For example, Jett Williams (NYM top prospect) will never play in MLB with number 90 (his current # in game and in spring training). In my roster, he's #3. I did this with a lot of players. (No more SP/RP with single digits, unless they do wear them in real life).

Again, this roster is not perfect, but it's great for those who like equipment edits.

Roster Name: All 93/30 Team Equipment (3/19)
PSNID: Lyman2616

I will not be updating as I will be diving into my franchise now, enjoy!

(Bonus points for the first person to find my RTTS character)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 10:51 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Roster - Full 30 Team/93 Man Equipment Edit

Love this bro, appreciate all the work. This is exactly what i do as soon as i start my franchise but only my players. having everybody done is a huge bonus.
Old 03-20-2024, 06:24 AM   #3
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTruss
Love this bro, appreciate all the work. This is exactly what i do as soon as i start my franchise but only my players. having everybody done is a huge bonus.
Happy to contribute. I was the same way, only worried about my own team. Then I saw the other team look bad, so I’d edit them before I played their game. That got annoying real quick. So I only worried about MLB players. Then players would get called up or I’d play RTTS and saw everyone look bad. So last year was the first year I edited everyone day 1 and it worked great.

Hope everyone enjoys!
Old 03-20-2024, 11:16 AM   #4
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Hey OS,

Like you, I prefer to see the most realistic game of baseball played in my imaginary world. My biggest pet peeve is seeing a baseball player wear white batting gloves with their gray away uniforms. Or a player on the Seattle Mariners wearing a red glove in the field. To combat this, I took it upon myself to edit all 93 players on all 30 teams from Black/White/Red/Blue/Green/Purple to Team Color 1, Team Color 2, and Team Color 3 on all equipment.

Of course, some exceptions are made based on the player, but for the most part, all players use TC1,2,3.

My roster also includes correct jersey numbers, the international free agents (Yamamoto, Lee, Matsui), some missing players (Mayer, Wesneski), and all current roster moves as of 3/19 (Blake Snell on SF).

Finally, I change all CP to RP (no point in differentiating) and I re-rate RP stamina to reflect them being in the bullpen and not a failed SP. For example, all RP with Stamina over 70 is lowered to 35. Anyone between 35-70 get bumped down to 30. The rest I leave as is.

Oh, and no injuries.

What this roster does not include is realistic 26/40-man rosters. (because of no injuries)
All teams have ONLY their 26-man MLB roster on their 40-man. Allows you some flexibility with how you want to handle your rosters individually without having to deal with Options, Waivers and DFAs. I recommend handling that before starting your Franchise/RTTS.

I did take some liberties on player's equipment when it came to their brands. For players with generic/not branded or brands not in MLBTS, I either gave them random brands or tried my best to re-create them (Kershaw's Sketchers cleats are just Jordans without the Jordan logo)

For some players, I went online and tried to match their equipment. But for others, I just gave them what I think looks good. For example, the 57 OVR, D potential 26-year-old 3B, may have incorrect equipment. (But it won't be white on the road!)

I also took it upon myself to give players some better looking jersey numbers than their spring training numbers. For example, Jett Williams (NYM top prospect) will never play in MLB with number 90 (his current # in game and in spring training). In my roster, he's #3. I did this with a lot of players. (No more SP/RP with single digits, unless they do wear them in real life).

Again, this roster is not perfect, but it's great for those who like equipment edits.

I downloaded this one yesterday before even seeing this post and I really like your roster. I did notice that Shota for the Cubs was just Sho so of course I tried to edit him and found out real quick why you went with the shorter verision of his name. It appears SSDS doesn't want us to have his name until they have him officially in. But Sho works fine too.

One question, can we edit the injuires into the our own rosters? I was just curious because your roster is good for me but I might add the injuries myself if that's doable. I haven't played with roster editing much yet so wasn't sure if I needed to do that or how that worked now with the game.

Thank you for your hard work here.
Old 03-20-2024, 01:38 PM   #5
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
I downloaded this one yesterday before even seeing this post and I really like your roster. I did notice that Shota for the Cubs was just Sho so of course I tried to edit him and found out real quick why you went with the shorter verision of his name. It appears SSDS doesn't want us to have his name until they have him officially in. But Sho works fine too.

One question, can we edit the injuires into the our own rosters? I was just curious because your roster is good for me but I might add the injuries myself if that's doable. I haven't played with roster editing much yet so wasn't sure if I needed to do that or how that worked now with the game.

Thank you for your hard work here.
Lol yeah I downloaded "Sho" from the vault and tried to edit him and learned why the vault guy uploaded him as Sho. Maybe they'll patch it in but Sho is fine.

With injuries there are two ways I'd approach it.
1. Put injured players in AAA, AA, or A and call them up to MLB when they are set to return in real life.
2. Leave them in MLB, turn Injury to Manual in settings, give them an injury that'll keep them out for the real life duration and put on IL

Personal preference.

Thanks for checking it out, glad you like it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM   #6
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Lol yeah I downloaded "Sho" from the vault and tried to edit him and learned why the vault guy uploaded him as Sho. Maybe they'll patch it in but Sho is fine.

With injuries there are two ways I'd approach it.
1. Put injured players in AAA, AA, or A and call them up to MLB when they are set to return in real life.
2. Leave them in MLB, turn Injury to Manual in settings, give them an injury that'll keep them out for the real life duration and put on IL

Personal preference.

Thanks for checking it out, glad you like it!
Yeah, I knew I could do manual injuries but I was hoping with the addition of "start franchise with injuries" we could do them pre franchise start. Guess they didn't do that and that feature is only for their official rosters. I was hoping it was something we could do and then share rosters with injuries but I guess not.

Thanks again for taking the time. Now if I can find a good CAP of Ed Howard (I know he's dropped off prospect radar, but I'm still hoping the kid turns it around) I'll be ready to get started.
Old 03-21-2024, 02:52 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Hey OS,

Oh, and no injuries.

Everything you stated is SPOT on!! Especially the batting gloves etc.. been complaining about this for 20 plus years myself. I have spent several hours myself since the 15th doing the exact same thing you did (minus the uniform edits) Its frustrating on some of the areas we have to edit for realism when these guys could easily just do it as they develop. I am also going to try your reliever ratios.. Again if they would set the AI to 7th inning set-up & 8th inning set-up it could help. The present logics for the past 20 years have been broken. How about 6-Man Rotation option??? Still not an option for realism. I could go on & on about stuff that could have been fixed for years now. I took a break from the game for maybe 5 years but nothing in these areas seemed to change much.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:08 AM   #8
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Thank you for the roster! I have two questions: how do you handle years moving forward with drafted pitchers if there is no difference between RP & CP? Do you write down what pitchers are drafted each year and then edit their positions and stamina in the offseason?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »