Home

RTTS, how do you get packs?

This is a discussion on RTTS, how do you get packs? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2024, 10:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RTTS, how do you get packs?

I have yet to get 1 pack to open for new equipment. I have played around 30 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2024, 12:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: RTTS, how do you get packs?

You have to complete what's called tasks, to level up the skill program you have. Each task should be worth a certain number of program points which is how you level up the skill program. If you're 30 games in and haven't leveled up yet you might have a glitch, or you're not batting or pitching very well. But I'm about 3 or 4 weeks into the season in AA and have only gotten 2 or 3 equipment packs I think. The rest have been perks, vanity, or skill packs.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers
Old 03-21-2024, 02:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wish we could give these away to people who use them.. I dont play anything but franchise & dont even look at the packs or stub stuff and never will.
Old 03-21-2024, 07:22 AM   #4
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCFeagin
I wish we could give these away to people who use them.. I dont play anything but franchise & dont even look at the packs or stub stuff and never will.
You can always sell them in the marketplace

I NEVER spend my own cash to get packs, but since I do play RTTS, I grind for the perks and equipment. It helps us if you post the stuff you get as many players horde their unused stuff. One man's trash, is another's treasure lol

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 03-21-2024, 08:43 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf90
You have to complete what's called tasks, to level up the skill program you have. Each task should be worth a certain number of program points which is how you level up the skill program. If you're 30 games in and haven't leveled up yet you might have a glitch, or you're not batting or pitching very well. But I'm about 3 or 4 weeks into the season in AA and have only gotten 2 or 3 equipment packs I think. The rest have been perks, vanity, or skill packs.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app
I am not hitting that bad. around .280 and leading my team with HR and RBI's.
Even when I have those at bats where you might can earn something, it is never a pack just more attributes added. I played RTTS in 23 and it is nothing like last years game. No perks, no new equipment. The only equipment I got was when I was first signed by the Brewers in the 5th round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2024, 09:37 AM   #6
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters59
I am not hitting that bad. around .280 and leading my team with HR and RBI's.
Even when I have those at bats where you might can earn something, it is never a pack just more attributes added. I played RTTS in 23 and it is nothing like last years game. No perks, no new equipment. The only equipment I got was when I was first signed by the Brewers in the 5th round.
In the situational stages where you can pick what attributes to boost if you complete the necessary task, once in awhile it will offer you an equipment pack.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 03-21-2024, 10:28 AM   #7
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

In fact, seems like the "packs" aren't giving that much in terms of equipment. You'll get your share of "Diamond equipment" but you'll have to grind it out.

Like someone above said, you have to earn the "Programs" points starting with bronze, then silver, gold and finally diamond. That's the way you'll earn stuff like perks and few pieces of equipment.

I was lucky enough to get Babe Ruth Ritual, LS VG27 Prime bat and Trout tape while "leveling up".

What I do, and started that last year, is putting the difficulty to minors, jumping the sliders for the Human and only hitting. Having at bats, xb hits and hits will give you points to earn packs, stubs, equipment and the precious skill sets.

Have fun with the game! :-)
Old 03-21-2024, 10:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
In fact, seems like the "packs" aren't giving that much in terms of equipment. You'll get your share of "Diamond equipment" but you'll have to grind it out.

Like someone above said, you have to earn the "Programs" points starting with bronze, then silver, gold and finally diamond. That's the way you'll earn stuff like perks and few pieces of equipment.

I was lucky enough to get Babe Ruth Ritual, LS VG27 Prime bat and Trout tape while "leveling up".

What I do, and started that last year, is putting the difficulty to minors, jumping the sliders for the Human and only hitting. Having at bats, xb hits and hits will give you points to earn packs, stubs, equipment and the precious skill sets.

Have fun with the game! :-)
I thought of that but I do not want to be hitting .400 with 70 HR and 200 RBI's, that would really defeat the purpose of working my way up to the majors.
Last year I did the same thing but I gathered up packs for new equipment pretty fast, this year...zip.
Maybe they are making it harder to earn your way up this year, if that is the case then I will have to wait longer to move up to AAA then the Big Leagues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »