Home

NBA2K9: Where Amazing Happens

This is a discussion on NBA2K9: Where Amazing Happens within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 43
NBA2K9: Where Amazing Happens + NEW Videos

UPDATE: Sep 13, 2009: NBA2K9 in 3D

Last bump, Last 2K9 video, I swear. ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2gzbbqAA-s

Don't worry, I'm not gonna start doing all my videos in 3D. I just wanted to try this out, and I really like how it looks. It's not perfect, but shots like the ball bouncing around the rim really pop out. Try watching it a couple times and focusing on different things. Does anyone here have any 3D glasses? Interested to see if all the different options look alright.

Use the drop-down menu below the video to select your viewing method. I actually like Cross-Eyed best, it doesn't require any 3D Glasses and it keeps the true color. All you have to do for that is cross your eyes until both images merge in the middle and your vision locks onto it.

The YouTube 3D player is a bit of a resource hog, so it might not play smoothly. The video is originally in slow motion anyways so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Unclicking the HD button might make it play smoother, while degrading the quality.

If you just want to see the smooth Cross-Eyed effect check it out on GameTrailers.

------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Sep 03, 2009: Here Comes Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_Q4YQMB2U

Got my 360 back from RROD repair woohoo, So here's the full version of the play in my "Where Will Amazing Happen This Year?" video. I really liked how it looks at full speed so I had to expand on it and make one of my regular style videos from it.

My final video for NBA 2K9 (I would think).

UPDATE: Aug 18, 2009: Where Will Amazing Happen This Year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6vJC1AXpdw

Michael Jordan flies down the lane to jam home Pippen's missed free throw, in this takeoff on the NBA's "Where Will Amazing Happen This Year?" commercials.

This is not a true re-creation moment, as the play really happened against the Blazers during the 92-93 regular season. I wasn't sure if I would even be able to put this together so I saved some time by using my already created Lakers instead.

I plan on making one of my regular style videos out of this play next, with before/after shots, because it looks fantastic at full speed. It'll have to wait though because I suffered my very first red ring of death today, hopefully I'll get it back before 2K10 hits, ha.

UPDATE: Nov 9: Flu Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDGhGnT0m78

My first NEW re-created moment for 2K9, the 1997 NBA Finals Flu Game. I did a few edits to my Jordan CAP to give him a tired look, mainly by raising his Brow Center, lowering the Mouth Corners, and closing the Eye Openess a tad. The final shot is of course from my Where Amazing Happens video, since I couldn't capture anything like it in game. It does have a bit more motion in it though, and the crowd moves as well.

UPDATE Oct 31: The Move..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbvkDU4RUs

Had to re-create this one again in 2K9, with the Shotstick Advanced actually allowing you to switch hands in mid-air. Trying to do this one really showed how improved the Defensive AI is. In 2K8 i just ran down the lane and got the shot, in 2K9 I had to take control of the Lakers with another controller and try to clear the lane as much as possible so someone didn't come jumping in and ruining my shot ha.

UPDATE Oct 25: I'll start using this thread for all my new stuff, like I contained everything in one thread for 2k8.

And here's my first recreation video, but it's not new necessarily.

Click for higher quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAkOJdzGDi0

It's the 1998 NBA Finals video, which of course I recreated in 2K8, but wasn't thrilled with the outcome so I thought I would give it another try in 2K9. I'm not going to be re-doing all my 2K8 ones, but aside from this one I think the 1991 Finals layup would be a good one to redo. Since we have the advanced shot-stick to actually do it properly. We'll see. Still trying to find a fresh new moment to do.

UPDATE Oct 20: Finished...

If you have a YouTube account you can watch it in higher quality by going to the page.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgeyyqQ5KI

Getting started on my first 2K9 video. I really love how the 2K8 one turned out, and I'm hoping to top that in terms of looks and animation. I want the movement to stand out more with a wider range of frames.

I just completed a rough version of the first photo....

It's the Free Throw line dunk of course, and it certainly wasn't easy, lots of photoshop work went into getting that pose just right, but it is very close to 100% actual game photos/textures frankensteined into what you see.

Here's an outline of all the scenes I'm looking to do...

I used up the most memorable ones in the 2K8 video haha. The Pippen/Jordan one will be tough, I wanted to do that in 2K8 as it has a hugging animation (like how Kerr hugs Jordan in my 1997 Finals video) but I could never capture Pippen doing it. Has anyone seen this animation in 2K9 yet? Might have to frankenstein that one too.

Any suggestions are welcome of course, the other 5 photos aren't locked in stone yet.

Last edited by MessenjahMatt; 09-14-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Pro

shorty12345's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA2K9: Where Amazing Happens

Wow bro, can't wait. Loved your videos for 2k8.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:47 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

i was about to say why does jordan's body look like it belongs on the ps2 but now i know what you did
Old 10-17-2008, 06:25 AM   #4
Rookie

Animated..

Side note: We still can't use anyone we want in the dunk contest? boo
Old 10-17-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 19

Messen I been seeing your work for about a year...AMAZING. You are the best 2k video editor I have ever seen.

RECOGNIZED
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 07:08 AM   #6
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

So basically you take the player and the basket from a real life photo, and the crowd and arena are from 2K9? Looks great!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 10-17-2008, 07:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
So basically you take the player and the basket from a real life photo, and the crowd and arena are from 2K9? Looks great!
No that's all 2K9.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:41 AM   #8
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt
No that's all 2K9.
You wanna tell me that MJ from the 1988 dunk contest - is from 2K9? Straight from the game without Photoshop or something like that?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »