Home

Need help with crossing routes 5 yard up the field Please!

This is a discussion on Need help with crossing routes 5 yard up the field Please! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Icon5 Need help with crossing routes 5 yard up the field Please!

I use the Eagles and can't seem to find a play out of the 4-3 or 4-6 that will cover (zone) the middle of the field 5 to 10 yards from the LOS.

I can use the Cover 2 Sink and the Cover 2 out of the Dollar effectively but can't stop the run with only 3 down line men.

I'm looking for coverage in the middle like the Cover 2 out of the Dollar but with the look of a 4-3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Need help with crossing routes 5 yard up the field Please!

Have you tried covering it yourself. That's probably the best way. Also, stick with zone if the short crossing routes are beating you. I find it much more effective.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Cover 2 buc and Cover 1 could work.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:33 AM   #4
Rookie

It seems like the hook zones still drop to deep and LB's react slow to receivers crossing into their zones.

I wish there was a way to get the zones to play tighter to the LOS like NCAA 10.

I get better results with the safeties playing the hook zone and spotlighting the receiver. But it's very inconsistent.

Back to the lab.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:49 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Drop one of those LBs into a QB spy assignment. They usually stay close to the LOS and pick off that middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Drop one of those LBs into a QB spy assignment. They usually stay close to the LOS and pick off that middle.
I tried that...they do stay in the general area but react to the QB and ignore receivers coming into the zone.

I think the spotlight should be more effective. If I commit my 3 LB's in a 4-3 to cover the middle with a hook zone and spotlight a WR running a crossing route, I should shut it down.

What happens is when the ball is hiked the outside LB's drop deep (10 to 13 yard from the LOS) into a hook. When the WR finally enters the zone opposite to where he lined up the Sam or Will is out of position to contest the pass.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth
I tried that...they do stay in the general area but react to the QB and ignore receivers coming into the zone.

I think the spotlight should be more effective. If I commit my 3 LB's in a 4-3 to cover the middle with a hook zone and spotlight a WR running a crossing route, I should shut it down.

What happens is when the ball is hiked the outside LB's drop deep (10 to 13 yard from the LOS) into a hook. When the WR finally enters the zone opposite to where he lined up the Sam or Will is out of position to contest the pass.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
I do. I'll have to wait until I get the game later this week. However, I don't remember having that problem in the demo when I played the computer (on All-Pro) or against people. So, I'll have to check and see what I do to stop it. I'm wondering if the game is driven by down-and-distance considerations.

At any rate, I'll post again when I have more helpful information.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #8
MVP

dubplate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth
I use the Eagles and can't seem to find a play out of the 4-3 or 4-6 that will cover (zone) the middle of the field 5 to 10 yards from the LOS.

I can use the Cover 2 Sink and the Cover 2 out of the Dollar effectively but can't stop the run with only 3 down line men.

I'm looking for coverage in the middle like the Cover 2 out of the Dollar but with the look of a 4-3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem playing with the Eagles. The middle of the field is open on every play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »