Home

Reusing Historic Teams for Madden 10 (PS2)

This is a discussion on Reusing Historic Teams for Madden 10 (PS2) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Reusing Historic Teams for Madden 10 (PS2)

Since EA took out the historic teams in Madden 10, I was wondering how to hexedit saves from older versions to work with this one.

For instance, in NCAA 10, I took the historic roster of NCAA 07, opened it up with the PS2 save builder, and just changed the filenames from the old SLUS code to the new one. I put it back on my memory card, and when I started the game, the rosters automatically loaded.

I tried doing the same thing with a classic team from Madden 2004, but Madden 10 didn't find any save on my memory card. So I figure I have to go a little deeper than just changing filenames, perhaps hexediting the file.

I did export a Madden 10 franchise team and compare it to the Madden 2004 classic team with a hexeditor. The files are very similar, so I was thinking that maybe there's just a small header that would need to change.

Or perhaps there is something that differentiates a classic team from a created team and an exported team. Since Madden 10 has no classic teams, that would explain why it wasn't recognizing the save. But if I make the game think that it's actually a created or exported team, maybe I can get it to load.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Reusing Historic Teams for Madden 10 (PS2)

why in the world did they take out historic teams? so people would be less inclined to play this over madden 10 on next gen? they put absolutely no work in on them each anyway.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Reusing Historic Teams for Madden 10 (PS2)

EA said it was to get the PS2 version more consistent with the next-gen ones. To that end, they did update the commentary with Hammond and Collinsworth.

But it's also because a bunch of retired players sued. If that's the case, I'd say watch out for NCAA. Madden's classic rosters were pretty messed up with random numbers and such, but NCAA's rosters are spot-on in relation to their real-life counterparts. So if the retired players had a case, the NCAA players have one as well.

Either way, how they handled the classic teams was a joke. Why you had to export each team to individual files (which would end up filling a full 8mb memory card) as opposed to having one 500kb file is beyond me.

But I would still like to figure out how to get them on Madden 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »