Home

Old 10-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
2k8.....lol

well I got a brand new copy of 2k8 on ebay the other day for $5, the reason why is because I loved this version the best on next gen, going back to 2k8 is weird, but I wish the gameply was the same in 2k10, I just like the controls better in 2k8, I got rosters (PS3)up to date from July 29th minus rookies, but it fun playing again...LOL

Thought this video was cool, old but cool.

N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 10-19-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: 2k8.....lol

They have rosters that are current as of now for 2k8? If so, where?
Old 10-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingfan84
They have rosters that are current as of now for 2k8? If so, where?
these are ps3 rosters.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 10-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

OK, I’m playing 2k10, I like the game ok but I start to wonder how far this series really has come. So I look at my shelf, the shelf which holds all of the 2k series, both Basketball and football. I then grab the 2k6 basketball and pop it into my 360.

To my surprise after the jump, the game play is quite smooth, after playing for 1 quarter, I seriously start to wonder besides pretty graphics and all the cute little bells and whistles has the game really changed much. So instead of jumping to conclusions I pop in 2k7, same thing, it seems I’m more into the game, I have a realistic control of my players, less auto control, but we know that already.

But this game still has a better feel. Seriously I was surprised because after the new series come out I never play the older versions again; I just retire them to my shelf. Don’t get me wrong they have addressed some issues but it seems the game has gone more lateral than forward.

I almost FORGOT that the guards used to get low when going to the rack until I played 2k6. This is one of the first things that you learn when playing real basketball, get as low to the ground as you can.

Pop in 2k8, 2k9 same deal. Combined all of those games are better than 2k10; I just wonder with all of the technology and smarts that we have why can’t we make this a better game. I’m not knocking 2k10 I’m just wondering why they can’t just “tweak” the small issues without having to revamp the entire game. It’s like it’s over kill every year.

Don’t get me wrong I’ll continue to stack my shelf every year, for I am addicted to the series it’s just FOR ONCE I want them to address the small issues without changing the entire game.

ALL THAT TO SAY I AGREE.........i posted this a few days ago.........lol
Old 10-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm considering going back to 2k8. I miss the SuperSonics. If I play the 360 version, can I still download the last official roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

im back to ch2k8 70% of my gaming time, with 15-15 going to the new 2k10 and live 10.. CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL. where HAVE you gone?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.gamernut20
I'm considering going back to 2k8. I miss the SuperSonics. If I play the 360 version, can I still download the last official roster?
I know it's not even close to the same, but I will say that it's possible to create a generic Sonic team in 2K10. Nothing looks exact to the old Sonics, but a lot of the options provided will put you in the same ballpark. Using the first jersey design option in Create-a-Team, selecting correct Sonics colors for jersey details, choosing the "S" logo, then filling the roster with the likes of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and Nick Collison, you will get a team that kind of (with emphasis on "kind of") looks like the old Sonics.

I know that probably won't do it for you, because I know I wouldn't be anywhere near satisfied if the Pistons folded or moved and all I was left with was the ability to make a team with red, white, and blue jerseys with a "P" on their chests. But if you're interested, just thought I'd let you know it's an option. I'll be uploading a 2007 Roster for 2K10 on Friday with that created Sonics team if you at least want to give it a look.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:17 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I know it's not even close to the same, but I will say that it's possible to create a generic Sonic team in 2K10. Nothing looks exact to the old Sonics, but a lot of the options provided will put you in the same ballpark. Using the first jersey design option in Create-a-Team, selecting correct Sonics colors for jersey details, choosing the "S" logo, then filling the roster with the likes of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and Nick Collison, you will get a team that kind of (with emphasis on "kind of") looks like the old Sonics.

I know that probably won't do it for you, because I know I wouldn't be anywhere near satisfied if the Pistons folded or moved and all I was left with was the ability to make a team with red, white, and blue jerseys with a "P" on their chests. But if you're interested, just thought I'd let you know it's an option. I'll be uploading a 2007 Roster for 2K10 on Friday with that created Sonics team if you at least want to give it a look.

Thanks VDusen04 for the response, I know you understand, its' just not the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »