Home

Lakers v Cavs - You're Kidding Me

This is a discussion on Lakers v Cavs - You're Kidding Me within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Lakers v Cavs - You're Kidding Me

Let the CPU v CPU play for the Lakers vs Cavs in my association.

Kobe took 12 shots, scored 16 points.

LeBron took 12 shots, scored 18 points. Even with the Cavs trailing late in the 4th, LeBron didn't step up.

Some of the issues:

LeBron and Kobe often received the ball as the shot clock expired, but always passed it to someone else. They passed it even if the shot clock was under 3 seconds when they received it, even when it was a violation instead of a necessary shot.

At times it was as if the Lakers were playing keep away from Kobe. Whichever side of the floor Kobe positioned himself, the Lakers swung the ball to the other side.

LeBron had the ball a lot, but he was basically the last option for scoring. He often passed as soon as he received the ball. Scrubs were more likely to shoot than LeBron.

With the exception of two drives for dunks by LeBron in the 3rd quarter, Kobe and LeBron never drove to the basket on their own for a shot. They did a lot of driving, beating everyone, only to pass the ball out in the middle of a dunk or layup, but their only scores down in the paint came on bullet passes from the perimeter.

I expected a marquee matchup, but what played out on the court was ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Lakers v Cavs - You're Kidding Me

Unless you personally change their drive tendencies as well as putting pass out of drive to pretty much 0 this is how the games will play.

Disappointing, I know.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Banned

But if I edit those settings then the sim stats will be negatively impacted.

It would be nice if players had separate stats for played games and for simmed games. Then you could change one without impacting the other game aspect.

BTW, LeBron was already edited to attack 100, pass out 0, drive the lane 100, shot tendency 100.

Last edited by fjccommish; 10-21-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Try watchin them without changing anything..see if its different than the first one.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
But if I edit those settings then the sim stats will be negatively impacted.

It would be nice if players had separate stats for played games and for simmed games. Then you could change one without impacting the other game aspect.
Thats where your wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
Banned

I did watch them without it. LeBron was about the same, hardly getting the ball and mostly passing when he received the ball.

I just edited Kobe and am playing CPU v CPU again to see what happens.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
stewaat

OVR:

I just got done playing a half against LBJ and he had 13 & 7 & 2. He had the ball a lot and did everything he does.

This was ahead one year as well, he was on the Nets with Devin Harris, Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison, and Brook Lopez. He still dominated the game offensively for them.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
Let the CPU v CPU play for the Lakers vs Cavs in my association.

Kobe took 12 shots, scored 16 points.

LeBron took 12 shots, scored 18 points. Even with the Cavs trailing late in the 4th, LeBron didn't step up.

Some of the issues:

LeBron and Kobe often received the ball as the shot clock expired, but always passed it to someone else. They passed it even if the shot clock was under 3 seconds when they received it, even when it was a violation instead of a necessary shot.

At times it was as if the Lakers were playing keep away from Kobe. Whichever side of the floor Kobe positioned himself, the Lakers swung the ball to the other side.

LeBron had the ball a lot, but he was basically the last option for scoring. He often passed as soon as he received the ball. Scrubs were more likely to shoot than LeBron.

With the exception of two drives for dunks by LeBron in the 3rd quarter, Kobe and LeBron never drove to the basket on their own for a shot. They did a lot of driving, beating everyone, only to pass the ball out in the middle of a dunk or layup, but their only scores down in the paint came on bullet passes from the perimeter.

I expected a marquee matchup, but what played out on the court was ridiculous.
This is just one game out many though, right?

To a certain degree, this is the beauty of 2K10. You can't (at least I haven't been able to) predict what the players are going to do every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »