Home

Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11

This is a discussion on Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11

After five long years, we were finally given a next-gen Madden this year. However, there are still flaws and certain things missing that should have been implemented long ago.

So here are five things to change in Madden NFL 11.

Read More - Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
I agree 100% they need to see that last pick
Old 11-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
you need completely customizable formation subs (within the rules of the game). why can't we even make subs on kickoffs? they also need to fix blocking, sideline catches and animations, and jump balls / fades and how height, and vertical factor into these catches. and for the love of god, please let us throw the ball in the dirt at the receivers feet so we can stay in the pocket and not get intentional grounding.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 30
I can agree with some of these but not sure they would be my top 5. I think a new and/or improved animation engine is my top then better AI would be second. Atmosphere is a possible third for me but I think we can expect that in the next Madden, according to Ian, since he has stated he wanted to do more robust things with the atmosphere in Madden 10 but couldn't get it in like he wanted.

Telecast integration is definitely something I wouldn't mind but it's not essential to me. The could build on what they have and I'd be fine. To me, there are bigger fish to fry in Madden.

Custom playbooks would be cool, too, but not a biggie for me, nor are advanced depth charts and, even, Tom Hammonds. I don't think he is good for the game but, at the same time, after a while, I subconsciously drown out what is being said by commentators in most sports games after I've heard everything they have to say because it just gets repetitive. As long as the chatter is there, I'm good.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9
Agree with all of them, especially getting rid of Tom Hammond. The man sounds like he's reading from a menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39
Or ESPN and NFLN presentation....
Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Or ESPN and NFLN presentation....
Truth.

EA has gotta take a step back here and evaluate their presentation plans. I only say that b/c I just don't feel M10 truly brought home the feeling of watching a game on TV. We got atmosphere for sure, but sometimes they feel like random cutscenes instead of a sequenced broadcast.

I kind of feel like they strived to go above 2K5 and be different, instead of following the blueprint and putting their stamp on it. I'd venture to say that APF feels more like a telecast, in spite of maybe not having as many cutscenes or camera angles as M10.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11

What about a player's overall being effected by what type of offense or defense the team uses? Or secondary positions for certain types of players based on the abilities or new position names. They could use a system like player roles. Example of players:

OLB/DE: Hybrid Player like Terrell Suggs, Aaron Kampman, Jason Taylor, Brian Cushing, Paul Kruger

DT/DE: Standard 4-3 DT's that are good pass rusher's in the 3-4 like Kevin Williams, Glenn Dorsey, Amobi Okoye (I actually converted him to OLB in my offline franchise and he did well), Peria Jerry, Haloti Ngata (Also a great nose tackle in the 3-4)

H-Back: TE/FB hybrid like Jim Kleinsasser, Chris Cooley, Dallas Clark

Wildcat QB: Scrambling QB's or QB's converted to RB/WR like Antwan Randle El, Matt Jones, Michael Robinson, Brad Smith

There's others but you get the idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »