Home

Petition for Default Online Game Speed Set to "Normal"

This is a discussion on Petition for Default Online Game Speed Set to "Normal" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What should the default game speed be?
Very Slow 2 2.27%
Slow 35 39.77%
Normal 45 51.14%
Fast 4 4.55%
Very Fast 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
Lightbulb Petition for Default Online Game Speed Set to "Normal"

I love the game speed settings and played a lot last year on "slow" to get used to it online. After playing dozens of games and switching back to "normal" I noticed the animations looked soooo much better.

from Ian's Twitter account:

it's a server setting so I've been told. Haven't decided yet, maybe 'slow' to start and go from there?

now, I know there is a lot of debate as to which speed is most realistic... here's your chance to voice your opinion.

I know I'd love to see the game play at the normal speed this year.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Petition for Default Online Game Speed Set to "Normal"

I would like to see the game speed set to normal this year as well. I played on slow last year to cover up with flaws with the lack of any locomotion, as well as the terrible blocking AI. This year the locomotion looks excellent and it is time to speed up the game and make it more exciting to play.

I am very concerned with the pass rush at the slow game setting as well. Last year your opponent had all day in the pocket to throw because the D-line took forever to get off the ball and after the QB. Also, just by watching the vids from E3 the running animation looks more natural on the normal game speed. On slow it gives it more of that skating look that people have been complaining about.

Edit: The running animation does look infinitely better then every previous year on next-gen though. Even on the slow game speed!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I voted for normal. They call it normal, which would mean that they think it's... normal. If Normal is not the right, realistic speed, in their opinion, and Slow is, then why don't they call slow Normal?

I won't know which one plays better till I play it, but I just wish that the developers themselves, would understand the basic concept of what the realistic speed should be. Them making a speed called Slow the default, doesn't engender any confidence in me believing that they, themselves, are sure either.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I voted for normal. They call it normal, which would mean that they think it's... normal. If Normal is not the right, realistic speed, in their opinion, and Slow is, then why don't they call slow Normal?

I won't know which one plays better till I play it, but I just wish that the developers themselves, would understand the basic concept of what the realistic speed should be. Them making a speed called Slow the default, doesn't engender any confidence in me believing that they, themselves, are sure either.
Have to agree with this post! As I stated earlier I think this is the year we can finally speed the game back up now that they fixed locomotion and run blocking. Even Pastapadre who generally loves Madden really blasted the E3 game for saying it was way to slow and boring.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like slow. EA said that it was more realistic. I don't know how trustworthy they are but I thought it felt good. It was too fast in previous Maddens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
I like slow. EA said that it was more realistic. I don't know how trustworthy they are but I thought it felt good. It was too fast in previous Maddens.

If Slow is the most realistic setting, and I'm not saying it is or isn't, but if it is, then for the love all that's good, call it Normal lol. The fact that they call the most realistic setting Slow, tells me that it is either not the most realistic speed, or that they are confused about their speed settings should be called, or both.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
If Slow is the most realistic setting, and I'm not saying it is or isn't, but if it is, then for the love all that's good, call it Normal lol. The fact that they call the most realistic setting Slow, tells me that it is either not the most realistic speed, or that they are confused about their speed settings should be called, or both.
Honestly, I think traditional is a better word to use there than normal. Normal sounds like the most realistic, whereas traditional would mean what everyone is accustomed to.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Fast .. the game speed of the NFL ..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »