Home

What is Consecutive Tackling?

This is a discussion on What is Consecutive Tackling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #1
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Question What is Consecutive Tackling?

what is it, and why do people want it so much? i thought it was "broken tackle, broken tackle, tackle." but that can't be it, because all madden games have this. so what gives?

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

I think it may be gang tackling. Right now, as soon as one player is engaged the rest just bounce off and don't have any effect on the play
Old 07-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

i think and if i may refer to one of Apex's videos is when a runner is hit by the 1st tackler and a 2nd tackler comes in....at this point in Madden unless you hit the pile just right and trigger "pro-tak" additional defenders will kinda bounce off the pile.

in other games after the 1st hit the next tackler will hit the pile and move it or her can even knock off the 1st tackler.

the point i THINK is that once the 1st animation (read tackle) is triggered you cant do anything until the animation is done.

Last edited by strickzilla; 07-16-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
what is it, and why do people want it so much? i thought it was "broken tackle, broken tackle, tackle." but that can't be it, because all madden games have this. so what gives?

i believe it is like a double hit, like one guy hits the guy from the left and a split second later he gets hit from the right, instead of being locked into single player tackles or generic 2 player tackles.. just what i think at least

Old 07-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Or like in Madden when you go for someones legs, or someone is falling foreward a 2nd or 3rd guy should be able to hitstick him and stop his progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickzilla
if i may refer to one of Apex's videos...
Yeah, it's one of those catch-phrases that Apex has used that has 'caught-on' so to speak. Not to say there's no merit in what is being requested...I just don't see how people take what he says as the gospel truth i.e. "tron jogging" and any other phrase he's coined.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickzilla
i think and if i may refer to one of Apex's videos is when a runner is hit by the 1st tackler and a 2nd tackler comes in....at this point in Madden unless you hit the pile just right and trigger "pro-tak" additional defenders will kinda bounce off the pile.

in other games after the 1st hit the next tackler will hit the pile and move it or her can even knock off the 1st tackler.

the point i THINK is that once the 1st animation (read tackle) is triggered you cant do anything until the animation is done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
i believe it is like a double hit, like one guy hits the guy from the left and a split second later he gets hit from the right, instead of being locked into single player tackles or generic 2 player tackles.. just what i think at least
These two pretty much summed it up.You see consecutive tackling in other football games 2k5,2k8,BB.

Last edited by lofeazy; 07-16-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

lets not talk about Apex please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »