Home

Sim Attibutes???

This is a discussion on Sim Attibutes??? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Sim Attibutes???

Curious to know what others who play Tour mode what your attributes are set at?
I want a challenge but don't want my golfer dominating because I maxed out his attributes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Sim Attibutes???

I personally think that would be just about impossible to determine from somebody else. Golf is such a single player sport that your deffinition of sim and mine would be to completely different. The setting that gave me the most realistic sim feeling would not work for you. I have never played more than 4 rounds of golf in my entire life so to me tru sim settings would be me shooting 100 + every round. So if you have much more experience in golf and shoot in the 80's then your settings would be completely different than mine.

I will never be a college football player or play for Chelsea in the Premier League or Play 18 holes at Augusta. I live and breath baseball and play the Show every day but I will never play pro ball. That is what these games are for me. So if you want realistic settings, play around and figure out what works for you not somebody else.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I always tweak this game so that I struggle to break par on every course. Expert clubs are a must, no green grid is a must (yes you can read greens without the grid). Anyway here are my attributes and sweet spots.

Power: 55
Accuracy: 30
Control: 49 (This is one that you can have high I think, so you can draw/fade accordingly).
Putting: 29 (the green grid obviously means nothing to me, so the other 3 are at 35% a piece),

Sweet spots:

Driver 17% - power 93%, workability 34%
Woods 17% power 91%, workability 39%
Irons 15% power 93%, workability 38%
Wedges 0%, power 100%, workability 100%.

So those are my settings. One thing I wonder about though, is how sweet spots and the accuracy attributes are intertwined. Meaning, if you have a low enough accuracy, a high sweet spot won't matter maybe. But anyway, these give me good results.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
I always tweak this game so that I struggle to break par on every course. Expert clubs are a must, no green grid is a must (yes you can read greens without the grid). Anyway here are my attributes and sweet spots.

Control: 49 (This is one that you can have high I think, so you can draw/fade accordingly).
Putting: 29 (the green grid obviously means nothing to me, so the other 3 are at 35% a piece),

Sweet spots:

So those are my settings. One thing I wonder about though, is how sweet spots and the accuracy attributes are intertwined. Meaning, if you have a low enough accuracy, a high sweet spot won't matter maybe. But anyway, these give me good results.
Thanks for the feedback. This is the type of response I was looking for. I wanted to get an idea of what others are using.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I tend to have an easy time on the greens so far so I have boosted power a lot for this irritable long par 4s
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie

Sweet spots:

I see your logic with your numbers here (keeping close to par), however can you shoot a 63-64 with these attributes? On Tour Pro with True aim your gonna need -10 to -18 to win a tourney. I mean if you have a bad round ie. (74 -75) you will need a 64 to compete??
Old 07-31-2010, 03:58 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
I see your logic with your numbers here (keeping close to par), however can you shoot a 63-64 with these attributes? On Tour Pro with True aim your gonna need -10 to -18 to win a tourney. I mean if you have a bad round ie. (74 -75) you will need a 64 to compete??
Yeah; not in high winds, though . The difficulty in this game is all in the accuracy/sweet spot setting. You have to find the perfect setting that gives you a fair amount of missed fairways and greens. And you can always tweak it from round to round.

I try to shoot for:

65% gir and fir.

1.6 putts per round.

70 average score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »