Home

My Idea for College Hoops and NBA 2K

This is a discussion on My Idea for College Hoops and NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My Idea for College Hoops and NBA 2K

Im going to get straight to the point. I want to play a college basketball game made by 2K that has all the excitement and build up as NBA 2K11 does today. I love My Player Mode. Everyone who likes sports games know how EA has the football game on lock, right? I love how I can make a player in NCAA Football 11 Road to Glory Mode and he can get drafted to Madden 11 in Superstar Mode. Since 2K has the basketball game on lock they should do the same for NBA 2K. They should come out with another College Hoops game and have My Player Mode start from the college level.

It should go a little something like this...you start off in the high school state championship tourney for whatever state you're in(I know sounds a lot like NCAA Football, but is there really any other way to do it that makes sense and is also fun ). And you should be able to pick everything you can pick just like NBA 2K, to customize your player. And of course, the better you play, the better the schools that are interested in you. Also, the better you play the better your player will be. Then, all you have to do is enjoy the collegiate sports atmosphere in the different colleges. This will be where tradition kicks in depending on which school you go to.

The rest is just like NBA 2K...you just play for your spot on the team roster and make your player better. The thing is that you can leave for the pros after one year, but do you really want to do that? That's where it depends on how good you play in the high school tourney. If you do bad then you won't be rated that high, but if you kick @$$ then you might just be the next John Wall. The more time u spend in school the better your player will get(since there are attribute caps depending on which type of player you are it should be very realistic). Although, you can be the best in college with a 99 rating, when you get drafted into the NBA you will be rated appropriately. In other words, you won't be a 99 in the NBA because college and NBA basketball are very different and its a major transition.

Its just an idea that popped into my head and talked to my friends about. I think its a good idea and it would be fun....but that's me. Its not fully thought out yet, but its a possibilty. So your opinion is welcomed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: My Idea for College Hoops and NBA 2K

Good idea. If only College Hoops was still around...
Old 10-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

i agree with you there.
just isn't enough money to made off college bball.
why? i would like to know the answer
Old 10-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

If they do bring back College Hoops this would make it all worth it....especially wit all the new things they have done for the Association mode in NBA 2K11, just put everything they have into the the college game....College Hoops would be legit. A lot of money could be made.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

Man would love College Hoops back...I've never played a full version of it before but I wasn't too much into basketball games except for the past few years, I would definitely buy a College Hoops game made by 2K, for both playing the College Hoops and being able to continue his career on NBA 2K, would be cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

This sounds like a good idea, making the transition from College to the NBA on 2K12 would be awesome. That plan definitely has promise.

Last edited by daren420c; 10-03-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

I hope if they make a load of money on 2k11 they at least revisit the idea of Choops 2k12. That'd be one game they could mark me down as buying every year, especially if it's the quality of 2k11.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

This would be awesome. I don't know about the NCAA Football version but does that include every high school that made it to the state championship in every state?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »