Home

Your player moves by himself.

This is a discussion on Your player moves by himself. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Your player moves by himself.

This was the problem in 2K10. It's like the computer guesses on what it thinks you should do and makes your player move without your input. I can't believe more people aren't commenting about it since it makes the game not playable for me.

Maybe it's a player-lock/my player thing and nobody is doing that yet? Maybe it's because everyone is still on the hype train and is denying that this game is far from perfect?

Whatever it is, I notice it and it's killing the game for me. Am I all alone in this boat?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Your player moves by himself.

You a week late on the boat. This has been talked about a lot already.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Please give some examples.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
This was the problem in 2K10. It's like the computer guesses on what it thinks you should do and makes your player move without your input. I can't believe more people aren't commenting about it since it makes the game not playable for me.

Maybe it's a player-lock/my player thing and nobody is doing that yet? Maybe it's because everyone is still on the hype train and is denying that this game is far from perfect?

Whatever it is, I notice it and it's killing the game for me. Am I all alone in this boat?
Not being funny but what game is perfect ? For me, the things I totally love about this game far outweigh the things I don't like about it. And I mean, FAR outweigh...
Old 10-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
You a week late on the boat. This has been talked about a lot already.
Okay, that's good news. I've been watching but haven't seen any comments about it.

Is there anything being done? Does 2K know about it? Do they care? Do players feel it's a problem?

How can I learn to live with it and decide that this is the "best sports game off all time" like everyone else keeps saying, because they way it is now, it's just way too annoying to play.

Examples are hard to describe. The biggest example I can think of is when a play is called and my play vision tells me to run straight down the side into the corner behind the 3 point line. When I push in that direction, my player runs towards the middle of the floor. I didn't push that way at all! Not even close!. No, it's not my controller as this happens like 90% of the time on that particular play. Other times my player will overrun the spot I was aiming for by a LONG shot. Other times I'll be standing on my spot as the play is called, and my player will start moving as if he's supposed to move to another spot. The play wasn't even shown for that yet, and besides, I didn't even push anything. He shouldn't move.

A huge one also is that defensive crouch! It's automatic and it shouldn't be! The CPU doesn't know that I want to run back. It thinks I want to crouch and defend the player with the ball, so it makes me crouch and slows me down, then I can't get back on defense quick enough and my guy scores. Also, there are many times when I just want to move back for a rebound after a shot. I'm out of position to defend, so I want to turn, box out, and rebound, but the CPU makes my player raise his hand towards the shooter. This slows me down and then I'm out of position for a rebound.

Basically it's just that,"What the heck!? Why did my player just do that!? I didn't even push anything!" type of reaction, and it's really really hurting the experience for me. Everything else is pretty good, but if I can't control my player, it's killing my effectiveness on the court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

They will patch it eventually I suppose after they get their online working right. It is more apparent on some levels and modes then it is on others. Like in my player you will see it a lot. In quick games and association you will see it here and there but not as rampant.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #7
MVP

Hmmm...I have the PC version, so a patch isn't going to help me until like April.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
Okay, that's good news. I've been watching but haven't seen any comments about it.

Is there anything being done? Does 2K know about it? Do they care? Do players feel it's a problem?

How can I learn to live with it and decide that this is the "best sports game off all time" like everyone else keeps saying, because they way it is now, it's just way too annoying to play.

Examples are hard to describe. The biggest example I can think of is when a play is called and my play vision tells me to run straight down the side into the corner behind the 3 point line. When I push in that direction, my player runs towards the middle of the floor. I didn't push that way at all! Not even close!. No, it's not my controller as this happens like 90% of the time on that particular play. Other times my player will overrun the spot I was aiming for by a LONG shot. Other times I'll be standing on my spot as the play is called, and my player will start moving as if he's supposed to move to another spot. The play wasn't even shown for that yet, and besides, I didn't even push anything. He shouldn't move.

A huge one also is that defensive crouch! It's automatic and it shouldn't be! The CPU doesn't know that I want to run back. It thinks I want to crouch and defend the player with the ball, so it makes me crouch and slows me down, then I can't get back on defense quick enough and my guy scores. Also, there are many times when I just want to move back for a rebound after a shot. I'm out of position to defend, so I want to turn, box out, and rebound, but the CPU makes my player raise his hand towards the shooter. This slows me down and then I'm out of position for a rebound.

Basically it's just that,"What the heck!? Why did my player just do that!? I didn't even push anything!" type of reaction, and it's really really hurting the experience for me. Everything else is pretty good, but if I can't control my player, it's killing my effectiveness on the court.
I know exactly what you feel. Sometimes I want to move fast and get in position, but the game slows me down - and things like that.

Maybe I'm dense, but I just found that if you use the left trigger for the intense D - it's like turbo for lateral movement - it drains your turbo meter too, and it helps.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »