Home

Association Noob: How Do I sign Durant?

This is a discussion on Association Noob: How Do I sign Durant? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

OVR: 1
Association Noob: How Do I sign Durant?

I'm about two-thirds of the way through my first season and Kevin Durant's contract is up at the end of the year. The deal he wants puts me over the cap by about $8 mill.

Should I try to shuffle my roster now with trades to try lower my salaries so I can sign him now, or wait to the off-season and let a couple other free agents go and deal with it then?

If I wait til the off-season, do I get first dibs on trying to re-sign him, or can a cpu team make him an offer before I do?

In general, if you have the players/stars that you want on your roster, is it best to have your salaries hover right around your salary cap?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Association Noob: How Do I sign Durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBaBaBooeyx
I'm about two-thirds of the way through my first season and Kevin Durant's contract is up at the end of the year. The deal he wants puts me over the cap by about $8 mill.

Should I try to shuffle my roster now with trades to try lower my salaries so I can sign him now, or wait to the off-season and let a couple other free agents go and deal with it then?

If I wait til the off-season, do I get first dibs on trying to re-sign him, or can a cpu team make him an offer before I do?

In general, if you have the players/stars that you want on your roster, is it best to have your salaries hover right around your salary cap?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
If you are OKC you have Durant's bird rights, which means you can match any offer another team throws at him in the offseason no matter how much salary cap room you have. But you should check his morale throughout the season and if he shows interest in a new contract then you can give him an extension mid-season by going to your roster, select him and it'll show up near the bottom of the options [i.e. send him down,release,trade,edit,etc.]

Oh FYI if you're over the cap you can only sign players of whom you have their bird rights. If someone will be an unrestricted FA you need to have cap space. [i'm only 96% sure on that last part]

Last edited by Shield; 02-07-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

I'm actually Denver because I did a fantasy draft to start the association, but I would assume that I have bird rights as if I was OKC. When I tried to sign him, it wouldn't let me do it, and there was some message about signing players at league minimum of $475k. I don't remember exactly what it said.

Maybe I don't have bird rights, and he's an unrestricted FA?

His morale is listed as "thrilled" or something like that, so i guess there's no rush to re-sign him? I just want to make sure I have the chance in the off-season to shuffle my roster and try to sign him if I need to clear cap space.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

You should have Durant's bird rights, although i've noticed things get screwy when you do a fantasy draft. IRL Durant just signed a 5 year extension after this year, i'm guessing he only has a 1 year deal in your association right? Either way if you have to wait until offseason to sign him as long as you want him you'll be able to re-sign him.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OOh actually if he's unrestricted that means he can sign with whomever he wants..so you better keep checking him every week to see if he's anxious to sign a deal with you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

If another team makes him an offer will I have a chance to counter offer?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

If he's unrestricted then Durant can accept any offer he wants, and it doesn't matter if you offer the same amount as another team.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10

Why dont you just edit him and change his contract to what it is IRL?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »