Home

PS Move with TW12-Yay or nay?

This is a discussion on PS Move with TW12-Yay or nay? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 24
PS Move with TW12-Yay or nay?

Thought it would be good to have a thread solely for impressions of the PS Move with TW12 just as an easy reference for those thinking about getting the Move for this game.(like me)

I have a $100 Best Buy credit waiting to be spent. Should I take the plunge with that Move combo pack for $99? Is it worth it just for TW12. Have the demo issues been cleared up and is it markedly better than it was for TW11? How many skill levels are there? Do I need the nunchuk for the game or will the wand do?

I played TW10 with the Wii Motion+ and enjoyed it as a half decent simulation as well as the ease of use in aiming and just navigating with the remote. is the Move just as intuitive where I can have buddies come over and pick it up rather quickly and play like they did with the Wii version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: PS Move with TW12-Yay or nay?

For what it is worth.....I just moved my PS3 downstairs to use as a DVD player and moved my 360 back up to my office to play TW12 with the 360 gamepad as the Move controls in TW12 are just not improved enough to my liking.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
For what it is worth.....I just moved my PS3 downstairs to use as a DVD player and moved my 360 back up to my office to play TW12 with the 360 gamepad as the Move controls in TW12 are just not improved enough to my liking.
Yikes! What needs to be improved on? I thought you were liking it.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I took my PS3 version back to the store and got the Wii version. To me, the move controls are still not on par with the Wii motion plus. Also the fact of using the dual shock controller along with the Move controller to navigate is just plain annoying. Maybe next year the Move will be equal to the Wii Motion Plus but I was just not feeling it in this year's game.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Thought it would be good to have a thread solely for impressions of the PS Move with TW12 just as an easy reference for those thinking about getting the Move for this game.(like me)

I have a $100 Best Buy credit waiting to be spent. Should I take the plunge with that Move combo pack for $99? Is it worth it just for TW12. Have the demo issues been cleared up and is it markedly better than it was for TW11? How many skill levels are there? Do I need the nunchuk for the game or will the wand do?

I played TW10 with the Wii Motion+ and enjoyed it as a half decent simulation as well as the ease of use in aiming and just navigating with the remote. is the Move just as intuitive where I can have buddies come over and pick it up rather quickly and play like they did with the Wii version?
Give me some time tomorrow evening as then I will have clocked in some time playing TW12 with the MOVE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #6
Me?

shon's Arena

OVR: 5

It's Nay for me.

I have the previous 2 Tiger games for the Wii with motion plus so here is my comparison.

- The Move does feel a bit more precise than the Wii.
- I feel it's easier to constantly get the same power rating shot after shot with the Move.
- The Move feels better in my hand.

- Navigation and Aiming is where the Move falls apart for me.
- Moving through menus doesn't work well, I'm always going to far and missing my selection.
- To go into Aim Mode you have to hold down the Move and Trigger buttons and move the controller up and it's not as responsive as I want.
- If you want to make small adjustments to where your aiming, especially for putting, it can be difficult.
- You can use the Navigation or DualS controller for that, but that defeats the purpose.
- You do have to have a navigation or DS controller on at all times as well to use the Move.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

It really is a bit of a pain to use when it comes to setting up shots. I've essentially resorted to using the standard controller for anything pre-shot. However, it is possible to do a lot of it with the move, it's just clunky and not very intuitive.

Gameplay wise, it functions fairly well. You get the responses you'd expect on both the fairway and putting green. I was afraid it was going to be torture due to the level of difficulty anticipated with putting especially. I shot a par round my first time out with it, albeit at a lower difficulty level.

Is it worth $100 bucks. Likely no...but you already have it there begging to be spent!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

How does it feel to draw or fade the ball. Can you do it just by your swing or do you have to hold a button "to set up the draw/fade" and then take a normal swing?? I was thinking of getting this purely as a simulator ot sorts for the crappy New England days when I'm itching to play. Any other folks with some move impressions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »