Home

how bad would be if the bill S.978 pass? no e3 footage agian

This is a discussion on how bad would be if the bill S.978 pass? no e3 footage agian within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 03:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
how bad would be if the bill S.978 pass? no e3 footage agian

like i agree with this guy video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytigOSjJxc

Go HERE to give your opinion on the bill to the US Congress: http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/ten_strikes?akid=700.450896.5hVZPC&r...

agree with this guy if the bill get passed no footage of games over internet
walkthroughs flaws in games i dont see anything wrong with uploading video games footage

like the bill need to change so u can upload gameplay footage over the internet but dont allow music or movies to be uploading since the companys lose money

dont know if anyone post it here or if this stuff allowed to be posted
but this will effect all of us if its passed since there be no e3 videos again and this will hurt companys as well

if this stuff not allow just delete this thread

if this not allow sorry again but this effect all us who watch e3 footage of madden every year this stuff wont be allow over the internet again if the bill is passed

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 03:54 AM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: how bad would be if the bill S.978 pass? no e3 footage agian

Except that the copyright holders aren't going to prosecute you (or request a youtube takedown) for taping - at their booth - with their permission - at E3. Saying as much is just fear mongering.

If you then rip off some band's music that's not free or you don't have a license for to go along with it, well then you're kinda breaking the law anyways and this is looking to outline more consequences for doing that repeatedly.

Last edited by mestevo; 07-17-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

for me i just worried about streaming game play footage or watching some good singers out there on youtube that sign some other person songs
without watching youtube videos of games some of the games i would have never bought dragon age or fable etc

i think form of the bill should stop streaming music and movies if u watching that then i understand since thats stealing watching something you didnt pay for witch i dont so i can care less about the music or movies all the music i buy so anit going hurt me

just watching like walk throughs or watching videos of game play footage will hurt me since i watch game play footage on some games before i buy like madden and some rpg games cause if im paying 60 bucks on a game i want make sure its worth it

cant type at all tonight miss spelled like everything o well its like 4am here
Old 07-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisedjase
for me i just worried about streaming game play footage or watching some good singers out there on youtube that sign some other person songs
without watching youtube videos of games some of the games i would have never bought dragon age or fable etc

i think form of the bill should stop streaming music and movies if u watching that then i understand since thats stealing watching something you didnt pay for witch i dont so i can care less about the music or movies all the music i buy so anit going hurt me

just watching like walk throughs or watching videos of game play footage will hurt me since i watch game play footage on some games before i buy like madden and some rpg games cause if im paying 60 bucks on a game i want make sure its worth it

cant type at all tonight miss spelled like everything o well its like 4am here
I dont' like this bill. I want all of the above available to me. These companies make billions every year so it's obviously not hurting them. I agree that watching the footage helps me decide to buy a game or not sometimes.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 07-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I dont' like this bill. I want all of the above available to me. These companies make billions every year so it's obviously not hurting them. I agree that watching the footage helps me decide to buy a game or not sometimes.
A lot of what he described is legal or is easily replaced by other sources. The bill isn't as bad as it is being made out to be. It's not great either, but there's a lot more sensationalization and fear mongering in this thread rather than facts.

Walmart makes billions so why should shoplifting be illegal...

Last edited by mestevo; 07-17-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Except that the copyright holders aren't going to prosecute you (or request a youtube takedown) for taping - at their booth - with their permission - at E3. Saying as much is just fear mongering.

If you then rip off some band's music that's not free or you don't have a license for to go along with it, well then you're kinda breaking the law anyways and this is looking to outline more consequences for doing that repeatedly.
Your breaking a statute, not a law. There is a difference.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjizzle
Your breaking a statute, not a law. There is a difference.
Doesn't really make any difference at all, it's 'not legal' is my point and does nothing to change the post.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Check this out guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srPARTDSLko

It seems most video game producers won't mind...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »