Home

Whats More important, Realism or Fun Factor?

This is a discussion on Whats More important, Realism or Fun Factor? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Whats More Important to you
Realism 110 86.61%
Fun Factor 17 13.39%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Whats More important, Realism or Fun Factor?

When it comes to sim basketball whats more important Realism or Fun factor? I have played a few people lately that have said either the way I have my game set up is not fun or they cant spin dunk or (Insert cheese play here) and quit when its 6-2 and 95 seconds into the game. I believe that every game wont be 50 % and you go 8-14 from 3 point land, there are gonna be games where you shoot 29-33 % in first quarter but end up at 41% at the end or players get tired when you have the turbo button glued down..I want fun factor myself but not at the expense of making shots you shouldnt make. Thoughts?????

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 41
Re: Whats More important, Realism or Fun Factor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
When it comes to sim basketball whats more important Realism or Fun factor? I have played a few people lately that have said either the way I have my game set up is not fun or they cant spin dunk or (Insert cheese play here) and quit when its 6-2 and 95 seconds into the game. I believe that every game wont be 50 % and you go 8-14 from 3 point land, there are gonna be games where you shoot 29-33 % in first quarter but end up at 41% at the end or players get tired when you have the turbo button glued down..I want fun factor myself but not at the expense of making shots you shouldnt make. Thoughts?????
Realism NBA 2k11 is like my nba game to watch while nba games are not playing or how we currently are in a lockout. I find Spin dunking boring and just plain cheesing horrible I dont even know how to spin dunk at all
Old 09-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Mind you this is not about "lets have both mixed together" but what you prefer....

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

fun. its a video game.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Simulating what I see on a real NBA court is fun imo, so it's realism for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

this is supossed to be a bball SIMULATION so i want it as realistic as possible. Fun comes from all your plays and statgies working and you getting win. OP you playing scrubs. hit me on on XBL if you can. I only play with realistic slides and people quit after 1st quarter because i turn down dunks in traffic to 10 and lower all close shot sliders so they wont make hopstep shots. Cheesers will cry if their weak strategies arent working. IF it wasnt for hopstep and excessive powerdunking heat players not many people would even play 2k11. WOuld be a dream for me
Old 09-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
this is supossed to be a bball SIMULATION so i want it as realistic as possible. Fun comes from all your plays and statgies working and you getting win. OP you playing scrubs. hit me on on XBL if you can. I only play with realistic slides and people quit after 1st quarter because i turn down dunks in traffic to 10 and lower all close shot sliders so they wont make hopstep shots. Cheesers will cry if their weak strategies arent working. IF it wasnt for hopstep and excessive powerdunking heat players not many people would even play 2k11. WOuld be a dream for me
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

i Don't want shaq making three's or free throw line dunks from Steve nash. But 2k is fun if you play realistic style of play. I just don't like that 2k11 forced you to run plays all the time, because you end up running all the plays for your best player or second best player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »