Home

Schnaidt1's Madden 12 ratings spread roster

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's Madden 12 ratings spread roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Schnaidt1's Madden 12 ratings spread roster

i wanted to re rate the rosters to spread them out more for a few reasons.

1. way to many high rated players, made u lose a feel in diff talent levels.

2. high rated players made franchise mode way to easy to build up a good team.

3. more realism.

i didnt want to re rate players based on how i felt they should be rated. so i came up with a system in which i re rated every player at a position the exact same way. same changes.

i will post exactly what i did because these for ps3 and that way anyone on 360 can do this too.

first a few rules.

1. all physical attributes remain unchaged (strength, speed, throw power, jumping etc)

2. agility is an exception to that rule. for ever player i either raised or lowered agility to match the player accel rating.

3. no rating shall be reduced below 25.

4. no traits shall be touched.

5. each player receives -10 in awareness

6. all offensive positions receive -10 in "release" and all defensive players receive -10 in "press" where applicable

7.every player receives a -10 in all attributes that arent directly related to their position and -5 in each rating that does. i'll explain

all qb's receive a -5 rating in throwing accuracy, play action, short throw accuracy, mid, and deep and throw on the run. they then receive a -10 in everything not directly related to them. carrying, elusiveness, juke. spin, stiff arm. etc.

some trickiness to this is that some positions you might think attributes apply too but in my effort to tone down all the over powered players in this game. they dont.

the best example is between running backs (this includes fullbacks) and wrs/te's

running backs receive only a -5 for their carry rating along with juke, spin, stiff arm etc but get a -10 for catching, catch in traffic, spectacular catch, route running.

wr's and te's get only a -5 for catching, catch in traffic, spectacular catch and route running but receive a -10 for carrying, stiff arm, juke, elusiveness, etc.

on all offense all players receive -10 to all block ratings except tight ends and o line. they only receive -5 in each.

defensively, all defensive players get -5 in all defensive categories. and -5 in all catch related categories. they also get -10 in all carry and juke, spin etc where applicable.

the one exception to the physical traits is that all linebackers get -20 from whatever their jump rating is. ( bye bye super lb's.)

the re ratings are amazing. playing with someone rated in the 70's is great! here is a breakdown of essentially how the ratings break down

58-63 = back up player
64-69 = temporary starter/developmental player (these are either young players or filling a starting slot until you can upgrade the position
70-75 = your average nfl player. they get the job done but are easily replaceable
76-81 =solid nfl starter. these guys are on the cusp of going to the pro bowl. you can see their potential
82-86 = these guys are either in the pro bowl each year or make a case for it. these are all pro's.
87 and ^ = your future HOFers. these guys are the elite. if they keep up their level of play baring injury, they will be in canton some day.

not only did i accomplish my above goal. but i got some other pleasant surprises.

1. d line vs oline is legit! playing d line you no longer get pancaked. you get to use your moves to try and beat the o line men.

2. so far i have seen no psychic db's they seem to read and react. i do check this in replays.

3. no more super lbs

4. everything seems more fluid, you feel like you have more control

5. intense tackles are all but gone. i have seen alot of new animations including several tackle animations.

6. Players feel like they have weight to them. no more are quick, intense, unrealistic cuts upfield.

Here are a few player ratings from my roster edits
christian ponder: 69
adrian peterson: 91
jared allen: 91
ej henderson: 79
jay cutler: 80
matt forte: 87
julius peppers: 87
brian urlacher: 87
andy dalton: 72
leon hall: 82
champ bailey: 91
tim tebow: 66
von miller: 77
ryan fitzpatrick: 79
fred jackson: 86
steve johnson: 79
colt mccoy: 70
joe haden: 83
aqib talib: 80
josh freeman: 78
legarrette blount: 76
peyton manning: 91
curtis painter: 61
joseph addai: 75
dwight freeney: 85

THIS ROSTER IS NOW FINISHED!!! HUGE THANKS GO TO JUMPAN, RIOGHO, & MOOCH FOR THEIR INCREDIBLE EFFORTS IN PICKING UP WHERE I LEFT OFF!! MAKE SURE YOU THANK THEM!!

Now I need YOUR help!!

In the interest of striving to get the best gameplay possible....I would love for everyone to test sliders with these rosters and if you think you found a solid set. Pm it to me. What i will is....if we get enough...i will create a slider thread for sliders specific to this roster. if we dont...i will just add the sliders in this original post.

I would also like to ask if anyone with video recording capabilities who are talented or capable of editing video in some manner, would take some clips of the gameplay with this roster that shows some of the improvements made......or anything that this roster does that stands out to you that you never noticed before that is helping make this game more enjoyable for you....

just go ahead and post them in this thread....if we get enough videos that do a solid job of highlighting improvements....i will talk to a mod about them maybe doing one of their front page posts including videos posted by you all.

my hope is to get this out to everyone who visits O.S who plays madden on ps3 to see this. to give it a try. to hopefully save the 65$ they spent on this game, and in return....get more of the community involved.

Although I and Jumpman and Riog-something (sorry forget how to spell it) are prolly burnt out on everything....perhaps someone else comes in and see's this and has the motivation to go through and update all the transactions up too before the draft.

this could be a huge player to get madden franchsie in the right direction. if madden 13 isnt what it should be. ppl may decide that madden 12 will hold them over with the roster edits and changes to gameplay.

So if you can! lets take and post videos people! spread the word!!

THE ROSTER FILE IS POSTED BELOW!! ENJOY
Attached Files
File Type: rar finalspread.rar (775.8 KB, 373 views)

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

Last edited by schnaidt1; 04-24-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: updates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Schnaidt1's Madden 12 ratings spread roster

I don't have Madden 12...but if I did I would definitely support this
Old 12-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

trust me when i say this changes everything.

for 4 months i been on my slider grind, trying to find the perfect set to make this game enjoyable an my sets have done pretty well on the forums

but there were somethings u couldnt fix in sliders without sacraficing something else.

now i set out to just spread out the ratings cuz im sick of every player in the high 70's to low 80's. i was hoping to make franchise harder an really show the diff between an elite player an ur average starter

not only has my simple method done this, but its improved so so much more

after i finish a few teams i reward myself by playing a game an im seeing great things on default all pro

its nuts

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
trust me when i say this changes everything.

after i finish a few teams i reward myself by playing a game an im seeing great things on default all pro

its nuts
i like the concept and how it works on default all pro. You think you would rate the raiders any time soon?
Old 12-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

yea, the only thing that needs to be changed from default all pro is that the user run game is too easy and the cpu run game is really inconsistent. and too many fumbles.

i think when i am finished i will work on finding a solid all madden slider set so you have the faster kick meter.

currently i have been going in order alphabetically. i dont see it as too much of a problem to either skip ahead and do the raiders next or tell you ratings of players from the teams i have finished.

soon i will be updating my original post that explains the formula that i use. and updating as i get each team done.

currently i have these teams finished.

Bears
Bills
Bengals
Broncos
Browns
Bucs
Colts
Vikings

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

i went ahead and posted a file with the 8 teams i have completed. i will updated this every few teams.

please go and try these out and give me feedback

remember you must play a game with one of these 8 vs another of these 8.

i been playing on all pro just for testing but you can do wahtever you like...please keep me posted

Old 12-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

One question - what about the Madden draft classes?

Those guys are going to be HoF level players against your ratings system.

I like what YOU are doing, I just wonder how it will interact in franchise between progression and draft classes.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:31 AM   #8
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

good question

thats another reason i made note of exactly what i am doing. ppl will have to perform these edits for each draft class.

it will only take around 2 hrs of time and would be very worth it. at least i feel that way.

another guy on here posted his draft classes from ncaa 12 which works for me since i borrowed my copy to a friend. i figure most ppl have a copy of ncaa 12 for draft classes and if they dont they can find one on here.

i really think that if u combine these rosters with a slider set tweaked for it. there will be no question in ppls mind if the 2 hr edits at the end of each season are worth it or not.

by the way, were u able
to play a game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »