Home

Does anyone else love The Crib?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else love The Crib? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Does anyone else love The Crib?

I will be honest here and say that part of the complete package for ESPN NFL 2K5 was The Crib. I know many people might pass it off as a gimmick, but I loved the aspect of it technically being a virtual profile. The unlockables, mini-games, and customization of your own little environment was, for me, quite **** to have.

It's a shame that they didn't carry this over to their other 2K titles as they progressed to this console generation, because one thing that I always would have loved to see was a huge mansion-like Crib that could crossover between 2K Sports titles, where you could unlock things from each sport that you have (baseball, football, hockey, basketball, even tennis). Within this crib would also be a trophy room, comprised of certain things you have won in your franchises, etc.

Also, they had their own little "achievements" checklist. For me, this incentive drove me as much as it does now with Xbox Live achievements and PS3 trophies. There were just so many tiny things that, IMO, was done right with this mode, that I would hate to see it completely scrapped in their next NFL 2K title, should that ever come to be.

No, I don't want them to work on improving The Crib over working on DB awareness and such, but they could have fun making this thing while they're on their long hiatus. There's nothing wrong with that.

Oh yeah, I also loved First Person Football. It sucked in terms of how much better it actually could have been, but I hate them bringing something in, just to scrap it later.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Does anyone else love The Crib?

With the ten year anniversary and the other threads floating about, I'm really missing this game hard. I thought I'd bring up this thread again and see if anybody else liked this as much as I did. I know that Jayson Young didn't, but that's just one person's opinion and then I am another.

Definitely a nice "virtual profile" of sorts for me, especially in a generation that did not have achievements/trophies.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I also loved it. The achievements gave great incentive to keep playing the game, and the unlockables were actually worth it. I remember playing 2 player air hockey many times - likewise with the trivia machine (darts was a bit crap).
Old 07-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

It would have been a nice add in feature for the NBA 2K series, given that it's MyPlayer mode is a role playing game more or less.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:10 AM   #5
The They/Them GM

PardonTheAmbush's Arena

OVR: 1

A selling point for me for sure. One of the reasons I still play any 2K5 (be it NFL, MLB, NHL, and hell, I hop off NBA 2K14 temporarily for this).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
Rookie

I love the crib an first person football and Dan and Stevens
I love weekly prep -
I want these things in nba2k
Old 12-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #7
Rookie

Imagine too if 2k were able to continue with football, you'd be able to walk with your my player around the crib. That would be so cool. The crib really adds an interesting element to the game. It brings an entertaining my for an already entertaining game. My favorite part is customizing and getting all the editions. The fish tank is really awesome. The crib is one of my favorite things about 2k5 honestly.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #8
Just started!

I loved it. It was even better in NBA 2K6, AND I wish they'd bring it back. I also loved the Sky box in NHL 2K5, where you could play air hockey and shuffleboard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »