Home

so pissed off at madden right now!

This is a discussion on so pissed off at madden right now! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
Rookie

rockbottom3's Arena

OVR: 6
Angry so pissed off at madden right now!

I usually don't complain but lately it seems all i can do is throw 3-4 picks a game, run for more yards than pass and the cpu brings in a back up qb that throws like brees, brady, and manning all rolled in to one qb. anyone else gone through a phase like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: so pissed off at madden right now!

It sounds like you hit RockBottom!!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #3
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
It sounds like you hit RockBottom!!
LMAO
Old 01-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #4
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbottom3
I usually don't complain but lately it seems all i can do is throw 3-4 picks a game, run for more yards than pass and the cpu brings in a back up qb that throws like brees, brady, and manning all rolled in to one qb. anyone else gone through a phase like this?

There was another thread about this like 2 or 3 pages long , your QB or WR could be on a cold streak. for more check out the other thread

try some easy passes to start the game, are you using the Bears and Jay Cutler ?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Rookie

rockbottom3's Arena

actually I was playing around with a 32 team franchise. so i was using some different teams. Steelers, Jets, and Bengals. It just seemed like everything I tossed was getting picked for 3 straight games and in the Bengals game kerry collins at the half was torching me. No cold streaks or hot streaks. I don't know maybe Im just losing my edge and have hit rockbottom!! It just feels like the CPU gets in a mood sometimes and just cheeses you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yep that is pretty much how it is in Madden12 this year. Super LBers and Mirror imaging CBs. But it ain't all Super LBers. Trajectory has to do with it to. Things like this really need to be badly address in madden13. If it ain't then it will just be madden12 all over again. If it wasn't for these problems. Madden 12 would be more playable. But for now I've stop playing it because of these problems. Hopefully it will be address this year.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbottom3
actually I was playing around with a 32 team franchise. so i was using some different teams. Steelers, Jets, and Bengals. It just seemed like everything I tossed was getting picked for 3 straight games and in the Bengals game kerry collins at the half was torching me. No cold streaks or hot streaks. I don't know maybe Im just losing my edge and have hit rockbottom!! It just feels like the CPU gets in a mood sometimes and just cheeses you.
What level are you playing on? Can you turn down the CPU int slider? That seems like an easy fix.

I was having an issue with tons of INTs when I moved up to more difficult sliders, there are a number of things which can help you eliminate INTs.

1. Know your hot reads. So many of my INTs come when I am rushed and I try throwing downfield. Rather than throwing downfield with a pass rusher in your face, throw to a check down and get rid of the ball quickly to a back or TE. You should have a plan in place for this on each passing down, unless you have to go downfield.

2. Learn how to position your throws. This is incredibly difficult, and I'm still rather poor at it, but let's say you have a TE running a corner on a safety. If you throw the corner that is generally intercepted by super human CPU safeties. Instead throw the ball to the outside and you can break towards the ball.

3. Expect super human LB play. Slants against a zone will kill you. I learned this the hard way with the Bills. If you're going to run slants always have a bigger fellow running downfield. If the CPU wants to run a zone, then they can deal with a 6'5" TE barrelling downfield on of of their safeties. It helps to throw this pass as to the outside of the field. You can break on the ball and avoid 2 safeties in the area.

4. Get out of the pocket. Sometimes you can get out of the pocket, and roll right and you'll have a day and a half to throw the ball. This is generally a great strategy to get the ball downfield if conventional passing isn't working well.

As far as preventing the CPU QBs from passing for tons of yardage? You need talent to do this. Scheming doesn't really work well on Madden. You can blitz/not blitz do whatever you want, but if you don't have the talent you won't get anywhere defensively.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
Rookie

rockbottom3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
What level are you playing on? Can you turn down the CPU int slider? That seems like an easy fix.

I was having an issue with tons of INTs when I moved up to more difficult sliders, there are a number of things which can help you eliminate INTs.

1. Know your hot reads. So many of my INTs come when I am rushed and I try throwing downfield. Rather than throwing downfield with a pass rusher in your face, throw to a check down and get rid of the ball quickly to a back or TE. You should have a plan in place for this on each passing down, unless you have to go downfield.

2. Learn how to position your throws. This is incredibly difficult, and I'm still rather poor at it, but let's say you have a TE running a corner on a safety. If you throw the corner that is generally intercepted by super human CPU safeties. Instead throw the ball to the outside and you can break towards the ball.

3. Expect super human LB play. Slants against a zone will kill you. I learned this the hard way with the Bills. If you're going to run slants always have a bigger fellow running downfield. If the CPU wants to run a zone, then they can deal with a 6'5" TE barrelling downfield on of of their safeties. It helps to throw this pass as to the outside of the field. You can break on the ball and avoid 2 safeties in the area.

4. Get out of the pocket. Sometimes you can get out of the pocket, and roll right and you'll have a day and a half to throw the ball. This is generally a great strategy to get the ball downfield if conventional passing isn't working well.

As far as preventing the CPU QBs from passing for tons of yardage? You need talent to do this. Scheming doesn't really work well on Madden. You can blitz/not blitz do whatever you want, but if you don't have the talent you won't get anywhere defensively.
Thats some good info. I think I might need to just take a break. SOmetimes trying to make the game feel more realistic through sliders or assumptions of what should happen can drive you nuts. I mean any given sunday right!?!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »