Home

DEMO 2k12 framerate vs PURCHASED 2k12 framerate...wow

This is a discussion on DEMO 2k12 framerate vs PURCHASED 2k12 framerate...wow within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
DEMO 2k12 framerate vs PURCHASED 2k12 framerate...wow

XBOX360

Again and again every single year when i purchase this game it never plays as smooth and steady as the DEMO. Its weird but everything looks the same graphic wise with the smae move sets, but "SOMETIMES" the game changes speeds or changes it frame rate during gameplay. Do other people see this difference that happens at times??

like the game just does not seem to play with a consistency gameplay frame rate. Sometimes it gets really bad with the players skating all over the place. The DEMO played awesome as usual, but the finished product seems to always take a step back as far as how smooth the gameplay is.

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN WITH 2k GAMES??

can anyone help me with these weird frame rate changes.

Also why is the gameplay different when your connected to the servers and once you disconnect to the servers the game plays a totally different way???

What the hell am i doing wrong

VC/2k sports fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: DEMO 2k12 framerate vs PURCHASED 2k12 framerate...wow

That's weird shadio I don't know what to tell you. I had issues in the beginning when the game was first released but now everything is smooth as butter and I'm on Xbox 360. Not sure what it could be???
Old 01-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

i think GOD is telling me not to love this game. Mam i wish i can convert the demos smooth gameplay to the final products gameplay. Im not crazy when i say this, but this game NEVER plays just ONE WAY as far as its gameplay.

Man i just wish i knew how to control these changes that happens in this game. Im a OFFLINE PLAYER

VC/2k sports fan
Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

I feel you. 2k12 was playing as smooth as butter for me, then suddenly I have the frame rate drops and players skating all over the damn court. It happened sometime after the Christmas roster update/online data update.

I wanted to play the game with the 2nd rounders, official 2K rookies or otherwise, but every file I tried had the same twitchy issues. So it was either go back to old rosters and use the online data files for those (there's a thread on OS with them) but only have a handful of rookies and no 2nd rounders, or have all the rookies while the game plays like it's on fast forward.

So I sold it and went back to The Show.

I'm also getting kind of tired of the inconsistent gameplay from 2K as well. For me, it's not even about comparing the game to the demo, but just keep the game itself on an even keel. Every year it seems to be a patch, roster update, or online data update that is intended to do one thing, but in turn affects other things as well.

It's even crazier how it doesn't seem to affect everyone. I went to youtube and I was specifically looking at My Player videos, with the rookies added, uploaded in the last few weeks to see if other people were having the same problems. In some of the vids, the players where skating ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE. But the creator of the video was just blissfully talking about his My Player guy (which is a part of the problem, sometimes people see issues and just ignore/accept/don't notice them, and they go unresolved), and in other videos the gameplay looked smoother. So I dunno what the issue is. But it is there.

It happened last year as well, with the sped up gameplay, and we all remember the 2K10 patch that made centers hang out on the perimeter and shoot if they touched the ball.

I just don't get it anymore.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Prime example of the skating/sped up animations. This isn't my vid, but this is what I was seeing that was driving me crazy (check out Kemba @ 1:28):

The game did not play like this before the 12/25 updates. I had a My Player that I was playing on the Bobcats, Kemba was there, but Biyombo wasn't added yet....and like a fool I saved over that file when I tried to make a new MP mode with the 1/7 update w/ the second rounders.

The sped up animations aren't quite that drastic in Play Now (and I assume Assoc.) since you can use sliders there, but the sliding as opposed to appropriate movement in relation to the number of steps taken, is still there.

I'm not gonna go into a "it should play perfectly out of the box!!!" tirade, but these sort of issues most definitely shouldn't crop up, literally, out of no where.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 01-12-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Prime example of the skating/sped up animations. This isn't my vid, but this is what I was seeing that was driving me crazy (check out Kemba @ 1:28):

The game did not play like this before the 12/25 updates. I had a My Player that I was playing on the Bobcats, Kemba was there, but Biyombo wasn't added yet....and like a fool I saved over that file when I tried to make a new MP mode with the 1/7 update w/ the second rounders.

The sped up animations aren't quite that drastic in Play Now (and I assume Assoc.) since you can use sliders there, but the sliding as opposed to appropriate movement in relation to the number of steps taken, is still there.

I'm not gonna go into a "it should play perfectly out of the box!!!" tirade, but these sort of issues most definitely shouldn't crop up, literally, out of no
where.
Don't see anything wrong with kemba @ 1:28. I call that good defense on him
Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
i think GOD is telling me not to love this game. Mam i wish i can convert the demos smooth gameplay to the final products gameplay. Im not crazy when i say this, but this game NEVER plays just ONE WAY as far as its gameplay.

Man i just wish i knew how to control these changes that happens in this game. Im a OFFLINE PLAYER

VC/2k sports fan
Maybe because the demo is on the broadcast cam? Do you play on 2k on the retail version? I know the framerate drops a little on 2k.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #8

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

yea in my player mode 2K cam the framerate issues kill me sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »