Home

2012 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
2012 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

Since a lot of guys are starting up franchises(whether it be dummy or real ones), I thought this would be an appropriate time to create this thread and have guys list their trades, have trades rated, advice regarding potential trades, etc....Plus, i don't think the franchise thread should be flooded with trade discussions

EDIT: if u guys gunna ask for advice on potential trades can u PLEASE make sure to include a) what position(s) ur lookin to upgrade, b) how realistic are u, and c) what would u be willing to give up...This would make it easier to find player(s) that suit ur needs/wants

Last edited by 37; 03-10-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2012 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

I am the Tigers in my franchise and i wanted to upgrade my infield and add a good starter in at the start of the season.

I traded Jhonny Peralta and a B prospect for Alexi Rameriz. I did this trade because i can't stand playing JP in the show, he sucks at SS.

I then traded my best prospect Jacob Turner and a A prospect for Chris Carpenter.

I also traded Delmon Young before the deadline for Vernon Wells. I can't stand playing with Young either.

I then went on to lose to the Cards in 5 games in the WS.

Just started my 2nd year.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

I traded Bobby Abreu and CJ Cron(B prospect, good power) for Rafael Soriano.
Then signed Roy Oswalt for 2 years.

Looking to move Maicer Izturis but not sure who to trade for considering I'm happy with my current roster.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToLLey
I am the Tigers in my franchise and i wanted to upgrade my infield and add a good starter in at the start of the season.

I traded Jhonny Peralta and a B prospect for Alexi Rameriz. I did this trade because i can't stand playing JP in the show, he sucks at SS.

I then traded my best prospect Jacob Turner and a A prospect for Chris Carpenter.

I also traded Delmon Young before the deadline for Vernon Wells. I can't stand playing with Young either.

I then went on to lose to the Cards in 5 games in the WS.

Just started my 2nd year.
interesting trades u made....Carp is solid but he's also about to be 37...u never know when he might start breaking down...i understand you're in the *win now* mode, but i think u gave up a bit much with Turner and another A prosepect....At best, Carp will be your #2....Ramirez is a slight upgrade over Peralta...I am curious..Why Vernon Wells?
Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
I traded Bobby Abreu and CJ Cron(B prospect, good power) for Rafael Soriano.
Then signed Roy Oswalt for 2 years.

Looking to move Maicer Izturis but not sure who to trade for considering I'm happy with my current roster.
Looking at it from a realism point of view, idk why the Yanks would do that....Abreu is a regressing guy without a position....nice of u to throw in a B prospect however....Currently, what's Izturis's role on your team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Looking at it from a realism point of view, idk why the Yanks would do that....Abreu is a regressing guy without a position....nice of u to throw in a B prospect however....Currently, what's Izturis's role on your team?
Yeah it may not be the realist trade but Ibanez got hurt so they were desperate for a RF. Izturis and Callapso both back up the infield positions but I'm better with Callapso so Izturis is expendable. I might look to find a backup catcher, any ideas.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
Yeah it may not be the realist trade but Ibanez got hurt so they were desperate for a RF. Izturis and Callapso both back up the infield positions but I'm better with Callapso so Izturis is expendable. I might look to find a backup catcher, any ideas.
Ryan Hanigan from the Reds...guy can really hit
Old 03-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Currently 22-13 in my Royals franchise and i am looking to trade for a good SP, willing to give up everyone but Hosmer and Gordon so what do you guys think would be a realistic deal?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »