Home

Camera problem: Pitcher-based viewpoint for batting

This is a discussion on Camera problem: Pitcher-based viewpoint for batting within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Camera problem: Pitcher-based viewpoint for batting

I know many people are using a catcher-based viewpoint for their batting. So this issue is for minority.

As a user using a pitcher-based viewpoint for my batting, 12 is quite frustrating. In 11 you could move camera angle from left to right freely. Especially moving camera angle right is important to me. When I had a left arm pitcher in 11, I moved camera angle from left to right so I could set his left arm in the center on the screen and you could see his pitching well. As you know if you prefer pitcher view for batting, the default left angle of pitcher view doesn't allow me to see his ball from the start.

But in 12 as I said, you can't move camera right at all. It's just stopped in the center and can't be moved any further right-side. I don't know why the devs set it like this this time. Hopefully this sudden limitation be removed with the upcoming patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Camera problem: Pitcher-based viewpoint for batting

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinson
I know many people are using a catcher-based viewpoint for their batting. So this issue is for minority.

As a user using a pitcher-based viewpoint for my batting, 12 is quite frustrating. In 11 you could move camera angle from left to right freely. Especially moving camera angle right is important to me. When I had a left arm pitcher in 11, I moved camera angle from left to right so I could set his left arm in the center on the screen and you could see his pitching well. As you know if you prefer pitcher view for batting, the default left angle of pitcher view doesn't allow me to see his ball from the start.

But in 12 as I said, you can't move camera right at all. It's just stopped in the center and can't be moved any further right-side. I don't know why the devs set it like this this time. Hopefully this sudden limitation be removed with the upcoming patch.
I use the pitcher based viewpoint for hitting as well. Always have. Not really sure if you can move the camera right or not. Never tried it to be honest but I don't see why you wouldnt be able to. I believe that you tried its just weird that you cant do that. Anyway, I use a variation of St. Louis' broadcast to hit. I choose St. Louis broadcast when im hitting, and then lower it a bit so you can see curveballs breaking. If you can't move the camera to the right, I guess the next best thing would be Atlanta or St. Louis camera angle because their views are directly behind the pitcher, and then you can alter it from there. Hope that helps a little bit anyway.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for reply. But you can't move the angle right further than the center this year. So actually I was using the tweaked view as you recommend already. But it's not the best for me. Need go further right.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

I may be missing what you're trying to do, but I also hit from behind the pitcher. I did notice there's less flexibility in moving the cameras around, but it's also dependent on what camera you start with. If I want to move the camera to the left of the pitcher, I start with one of the broadcast cams that begins directly behind the pitcher. I dunno if this helps or not . . .

Would you be able to post a screen shot of what you had in '11 so we have an idea of what you're trying to get?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
Pro

JG1986's Arena

Yeah and I will fool around with this later on today after work. It seems weird that you wouldn't be able to move the camera right so you have a clear view for lefties.

Last edited by JG1986; 03-23-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
Pro

JG1986's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I may be missing what you're trying to do, but I also hit from behind the pitcher. I did notice there's less flexibility in moving the cameras around, but it's also dependent on what camera you start with. If I want to move the camera to the left of the pitcher, I start with one of the broadcast cams that begins directly behind the pitcher. I dunno if this helps or not . . .

Would you be able to post a screen shot of what you had in '11 so we have an idea of what you're trying to get?
I BELIEVE this is what he is trying to do. In a normal broadcast, the camera is angled on the pitchers right side so when a left handed batter is up, it is very clear to see the ball coming into the hitter. However, when you keep it this way for a righty batter, it is difficult to see where the pitch will end up as I struggled with this too. Last year, he could switch the camera so it is opposite a normal broadcast and the pitcher view angle would be on the pitchers left side that way righties can see the ball coming in. Basically, he could freely switch between a "normal" broadcast view and then the opposite for when the situation warranted, basically to look over the pitchers left side. But this year, his problem is that he can't move the camera beyond the center of the pitcher. He cant move it to the pitchers left side, which def proposes a problem if he did it that way last year.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
I BELIEVE this is what he is trying to do. In a normal broadcast, the camera is angled on the pitchers right side so when a left handed batter is up, it is very clear to see the ball coming into the hitter. However, when you keep it this way for a righty batter, it is difficult to see where the pitch will end up as I struggled with this too. Last year, he could switch the camera so it is opposite a normal broadcast and the pitcher view angle would be on the pitchers left side that way righties can see the ball coming in. Basically, he could freely switch between a "normal" broadcast view and then the opposite for when the situation warranted, basically to look over the pitchers left side. But this year, his problem is that he can't move the camera beyond the center of the pitcher. He cant move it to the pitchers left side, which def proposes a problem if he did it that way last year.
Yeah, that's what I do too. Although I switch based on the handedness of the pitcher, not the batter. In '12 I have been able to get cameras set up from both sides, but you definitely had more flexibility in '11.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Thanks for your help guys. I uploaded two movies and you can see the difference 11 and 12 in custom camera editing.

1. MLB 12 The Show

It stops in the center. Can't go right.

2. MLB 11 The Show

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »