Home

Interesting things that's happened in legacy.

This is a discussion on Interesting things that's happened in legacy. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Interesting things that's happened in legacy.

I've played through my longest (and still continuing) legacy mode, at 15 years. And in those years I've seen some awesome things, but I'm going to point out some of the most unique ones:

- 7th year in legacy, Louisville, led by their 7' PF scoring about 21ppg and their 6'11 center scoring about 19ppg, went 38-0. They faced Duke, who was going to their 2nd championship game in 3 years after they lost the first time to a Florida team (more on Florida next), and ofcourse were no match for Louisville.

- Florida, just like in real-life, turned the tables and won back-to-back Nat'l championships.

- Saw a coach named Steve Sutton take the Gonzaga job, stayed their for 2 years but didn't really do much significant, and take the Oregon St. job. I was like because Oregon St sucks and wasn't worth being there, but he took it and went 19-14 and won the tourney. BAM! First time they've been to the tournament since '93 or '98 can't remember. (This was like my 10th year in the legacy I mind you.) He recruited a 5* recruit SG who went on to score the most points I've even witness from a player, at 2500+. And they were a 20+ win team for about 4 years straight, they've fallen off.

- Noticed about 4-5 coaches, including the original I think, all come from Bucknell University. They all went on to schools to build them up.

- This was about my 7th year I believe I had just finished the season and was trying to get the draft class perfect so I kept editing and saving then going through seeing who came out etc. I remember either Coach K or Roy Williams kept retiring, so around the 5-6th time I was like "It's going to suck, but if they retire after this time, so be it." To my surprised I had the class I wanted, and neither of them retired. They went for 4 years, both did pretty good, and Coach K FINALLY won a championship in my Legacy, after being in the Final Four-Champship game 2 times prior. And they both retired.

- Saw a LEGITIMATE one and done. One year in the ABL (AAU), their were two players who were tearing it up. One was a PG/SG scoring about 29ppg and the other was a SG/SF scoring 25-26ppg. The latter was a senior and a 5* that went to Oregon. I'm pretty sure I didn't touch a single rating or tendency. HE WAS A STAT STUFFER!: 17ppg, 7rpg, 2-3apg, 2spg, and a little over a block a game. I wish I had the 2k8 to 2k10 (at the time) conversion chart. He bombed in 2k8, because of the crazy drop in rating and also the fact that NBA 2k8 HATES underclassmen.

- Also various coaches becoming good a schools, building them up, etc. Especially from the Asst. Coaches turned HC's. (If you want me to post some interesting stories about coaches I will, I'm pretty full of them.)

Will add more if I can remember. This game is so amazing when you pay attention to the little details.

Last edited by Brock; 04-05-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Interesting things that's happened in legacy.

Im doing a legacy now that's in year 8. Just wondering if Billy Donnavon was still coaching Florida becasue i would really like to coach there but he probably won't get fired and would have to retire. Thanks in advance
Old 04-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
MVP

Billy is still a pretty young coach, and if he's good (He won back-to-back in my legacy) he's pretty much a lifer. He has had some down years, but last year in my legacy he got them to the Final Four. I'm currently on 15 years.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Out of curiousity which team are you coaching currently and where did you start?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Out of curiousity which team are you coaching currently and where did you start?
I was coaching with Clemson, then took the job a Kentucky. I'am currently on my second year there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
MVP

Chuck's Arena

OVR: 10

Cool thread.

I play with the original roster and evertything. In 2015 Northwestern made their first tournament getting a #1 seed. They also held a #1 ranking at some point in the year. They got to the elite 8 before getting bounced by Indiana.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
MVP

Nice, I guess I'm the only person who pays that much attention to the legacy mode.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Billy is still a pretty young coach, and if he's good (He won back-to-back in my legacy) he's pretty much a lifer. He has had some down years, but last year in my legacy he got them to the Final Four. I'm currently on 15 years.
Thanks Alot for the quick reply! I'm hoping some sort of elite job opens up soon otherwise il continue trying to turn Nevada into a powerhouse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »