Home

Help Rebuilding the Whitesox

This is a discussion on Help Rebuilding the Whitesox within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Help Rebuilding the Whitesox

Ahhh, the Whitesox.

My favorite team, but a team that, quite honestly, sucks.

Any tips on rebuilding the Sox? We're basically devoid of any decent young prospects besides Sale.

I know I'll want to trade Konerko at the deaadline, and maybe try to drop salary. Any idea on who I can get, or what to do? I'm stumped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Rookie

JWaLL's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Help Rebuilding the Whitesox

Quote:
Originally Posted by edborstein
Ahhh, the Whitesox.

My favorite team, but a team that, quite honestly, sucks.

Any tips on rebuilding the Sox? We're basically devoid of any decent young prospects besides Sale.

I know I'll want to trade Konerko at the deaadline, and maybe try to drop salary. Any idea on who I can get, or what to do? I'm stumped.
Depending on the standings, i think it would be possible to get an A prospect if you trade Konerko to a contender. If not, i think you could easily get 2 B's
Old 04-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaLL
Depending on the standings, i think it would be possible to get an A prospect if you trade Konerko to a contender. If not, i think you could easily get 2 B's
I'd love to ship him to the Yanks, for Banuelos, but I know that'd never happen.

I'm in the first year. Anyone who stands out, in your mind, as a good target?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Konerko, Dunn and Peavy are all tradeable to me in that situation. I'd be looking at 3-5 good prospects in that situation.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Konerko, Dunn and Peavy are all tradeable to me in that situation. I'd be looking at 3-5 good prospects in that situation.
Any idea who I could send them out to, though?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
Rookie

Octane's Arena

OVR: 6

I think if the Red Sox are in contention peavy might be a viable option to them, they got Middlebrook at 3rd, Bogaerts at Short and Lavarnaway behind the plate. couple B's also if I recall.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

I am running with the White Sox as well. Brewers could be a potential trade a option for Konerko if they are in it at the deadline and Gamel is sucking.

For me I am probably going to keep Konerko, but I was looking in that direction. He is my best hitter. I am keeping Peavy because I like him a lot and Dunn is just untradeable. He blows! I traded Alex Rios to Seattle for Carlos Triunfel to battle Tyler Saladino for the SS spot or bench guy in the future.

I think the White Sox are not too bad actually. Yeah, they only have 3 B's in the minors. CF Trayce Thompson and 2 SP'ers, Nestor Molina and Simon Castro, but they do have some young options already on the club in Beckham, Morel, Viciedo, Addison Reed & Sale. The starting rotation is not that old considering. Peavy is oldest at 30. Dylan Axelrod has been great for me so far. Tyler Flowers is my in between A.J. and a guy I hope to draft. Flowers is a B and only 26.

The biggest thing is pen & bench help and getting a piece here and there to fill the holes while the young guys reach their potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »