Home

Cyberpunk 2077

This is a discussion on Cyberpunk 2077 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Cyberpunk 2077

CD Projekt ventures beyond The Witcher with Cyberpunk

Quote:
CD Projekt, the Polish developer and publisher behind The Witcher series, announced a new game that will be based on R. Talsorian Games' pen-and-paper roleplaying game Cyberpunk.

This new title, which is billed as a "triple-A RPG," is the first new IP that CD Projekt has tackled since the company found success with its Witcher franchise in 2007. The developer has formed a new group made up of veterans from the Witcher team to work on it.

At CD Projekt's Summer Conference today, R. Talsorian Games chairman and Cyberpunk creator Mike Pondsmith claimed that his franchise has more than 5 million players around the world across its various pen-and-paper RPGs and collectible card games.

Like the similar Shadowrun series, Cyberpunk debuted in the late 1980s and featured many staples from the cyberpunk genre established by authors like William Gibson and Bruce Sterling, such as hackers, cybernetic implants, and megacorporations.

CD Projekt is collaborating with Pondsmith on the title, and says it intends to create a whole franchise of games based on Cyberpunk, just as it did with The Witcher book series created by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. The company hasn't yet discussed planned platforms or release timing.

Though Cyberpunk's near-futuristic setting is very different from The Witcher's, CD Projekt says its new game will feature many hallmarks from that series, such as morally ambiguous choices, non-linear progression, and a complex story designed for mature audiences.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
re: Cyberpunk 2077

When we first heard about Kingdoms of Amalur, my gut told me it was going to be a day one purchase, despite not having that much info on the game. I'm saying the same thing with this title, "Day one purchase."

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I need more cyberpunk RPGs. Too much fantasy running around right now.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Day one purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I need more cyberpunk RPGs. Too much fantasy running around right now.
Yeah, exactly why I haven't picked up Amalur or Dragon's Dogma yet. Got burned out on seeing elves and dragons after playing both Dragon Age's, Witcher 2, and Skyrim last year. I did also get Diablo, but that's a different version of fantasy than what the other games are depicting.

Deus Ex: HR was one of my favorite games from last year, and there really haven't been many cyberpunk games the past few years as opposed to the countless fantasy RPG's and post apocalyptic shooters.

Glad to see more being made and with CD Projekt Red heading it I know the game will look superb and have a great story.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

I've played both Amalur and Dragon's Dogma...meh.

Have you played Syndicate? Not really an RPG (though it has skill trees), but I thought it was really fun, and set in a cool universe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I've played both Amalur and Dragon's Dogma...meh.

Have you played Syndicate? Not really an RPG (though it has skill trees), but I thought it was really fun, and set in a cool universe.
Looked interesting but I heard the strength of that game was co-op and the ship has sailed on that already. Single player was what 6-8 hours?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I already knew I was in before I watched the conference video, but in the vid when he says, "... Cyberpunk is Blade Runner" or drops William Gibson's name, or mentions that the game "will not be for everyone", I'm now thinking, "damn, new number one most anticipated game ever for me."

The last two, Deus Ex 3, and Mass Effect 3, came so close to living up to my expectations, but fell apart at the end, now I probably have wait 2 to 4 years to see if this one can be the new G.O.A.T. for me.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Looked interesting but I heard the strength of that game was co-op and the ship has sailed on that already. Single player was what 6-8 hours?
Yes, SP is probably about that long. If you like that type of universe though, the combat is interesting and it's a beautiful game. You could probably get it cheap right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »