Home

Based On Recent News, How Much is Madden 13 Worth At This Point?

This is a discussion on Based On Recent News, How Much is Madden 13 Worth At This Point? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Based On Recent News, How Much is Madden 13 Worth At This Point?

We now know about the Connected Careers Mode that been introduced for Madden 13. Great idea and I love the potential of this mode. I seriously thought that this would be my first Madden purchase since '07 on PS2 (never bought this on PS3). However, I was hit in the stomach like many of us when we found out about EA's removal of the ability to control all 32 teams and player editing in this mode. There's NO way I'll ever trust the CPU in this game to make smart decisions in roster management for other teams.

At this point, are you still considering to buy Madden? If so, how much would you invest in the game. I'm considering it just to experience the mode and for an NFL fix, I'll buy it used for $25 down the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Based On Recent News, How Much is Madden 13 Worth At This Point?

I would think a few more months of info and vids, along with user reviews after the game is released, will pretty much answer all your questions and concerns. So just hang in there a bit longer!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I would think a few more months of info and vids, along with user reviews after the game is released, will pretty much answer all your questions and concerns. So just hang in there a bit longer!
Well, apparently I don't have to wait too long. If they found a way to bring that functionality of controlling all 32 teams and editing through a patch or something, then I'll be interested again.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Me personally $59.99 for a game is exspensive, but I understand there is a lot invovled in making a game, so I dont blame the companies on the price point.

Regardless it still comes down for me to see what I feel is worth $60, and not many games to me are worth that price tag.

Now im excited for Madden this year, but to me this is more of a new begining with some growing pains, so Im going to say $44.99.

Since I have some reward points I can get it for less, so this is a easy decision for me. Plus Im in the works with someone in making a very sim CC league.

Im excited for that. Competition is exciting for me
Old 06-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3

Sorta like a hot Stock on the Market it was hovering around $60 bucks last week, however the stock is falling a bit for me.
Not great news on the presentation front [commentary not up to say nba2k par] and weird highlights, halftime show and overall lack of emmersion still. Also the new engine, the more I think about it, it might need another full year to be totally ironed out. Maybe not. So right now its at about $49
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

i'm really leaning toward renting first and making sure the CC/franchise mode is up to my needs. Then I'll buy, I won't mind the $60 bucks if i'm satisfied I'll enjoy at least as much as M12.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

the reason i never got behind madden 12 franchise was i only like to import classes and i didn't want to deal with the weird equipment, plus the whole UDFA thing.

However, since I see that CC is going to be stripped down in terms of control & you can't import classes anyway, I'm thinking I might go back to 12.

EA is a master at making me think old games are better than the games that are coming out, it's really uncanny.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I think it's worth the full price.

Here's how I look at it: there's been some punches to the stomach. That's exactly how I felt when I was at the community event and realized OL/DL wasn't overhauled. I'm over it now. I was disappointed when I learned this week we couldn't edit players in CCM. I'm getting over it.

My point is I'm not going to let a few disappointments dictate how I approach the game. M13 looks to be damn good (and it was when I played it months ago). If I can play M12 and enjoy, I dang sure want M13 with all its bells and whistles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »