Home

Next community rosters should have "Penn State changes"

This is a discussion on Next community rosters should have "Penn State changes" within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4
Next community rosters should have "Penn State changes"

Since Penn State is pretty much paddling up s**t creek these days, is there a way we can stick it to Penn State in the next community roster update by lowering all the players' stats to like 50 to make it even? I say this becuase EA won't patch in a bowl ban (or will they?) for this school so we should make it up to the community to pick up the slack. That way they won't make a bowl game in simulation and it would make it even.

What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Next community rosters should have "Penn State changes"

I strongly disagree. Mainly because that's my squad and I wanna play with them. With all due respect though can't you just do that on your own roster file man.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

I was actually going to ask how roster makers were going to handle this. They're going to lose so many players (if not all)
Old 07-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I was actually going to ask how roster makers were going to handle this. They're going to lose so many players (if not all)
It'll be pretty easy to deal with all of the player transfers. Just change the departed player to someone with a rating of about 50 (walk-on status).

Then for the PSU player that transfers to a new team, if they're good enough to get playing time this year, edit them onto the new team in place of a less deserving player.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Rookie

c_griffin212's Arena

They're going to have so many guys leave (I'm assuming) and joining other teams. It's going to be a real mess. It will probably take some time before everything is sorted out but I wanted to start my dynasty today. I'm not sure I'll be waiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
Pro

jimkel's Arena

OVR: 7

I think people are overly anticipating a mass transfer out of Penn St. I find it doubtful. Where you will see the most issues will be in commitments for recruits in future years, not for players already on the current squad. As seen by other teams that have "bowl bans", the number of players that transferred were very limited. The seniors on the Penn State team are just going to play out their year in anticpation of the NFL if they are a prospect. The most likely players to leave Penn St are the underclassmen that had interest in other schools or wouldn't have much playing time and therefore with the sanctions, even a FCS team would be more attractive to them.

I don't think the community rosters should alter ratings, they are just not going to participate in a bowl and the scholarships affect future years. If that is the case, then Ohio State and other schools would have to receive the same treatment in the roster format. USC was on probation last year, with reduced scholarships, with no depth, and still was a top team within the Pac 12. I think it is too soon to drastically alter rosters on the possibility of what may come in the future months.

Last edited by jimkel; 07-23-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: NCAA waived FBS transfer rule
Old 07-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why would you lower the current players ratings? Since all these sanctions came down are the players so depressed that their abilities have diminished? If EA wants to patch in lowering them to a one star team and lowering most of their pitches to an F that would be fine, but lowering the players ratings makes no sense.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkel
I think people are overly anticipating a mass transfer out of Penn St. I find it doubtful. Where you will see the most issues will be in commitments for recruits in future years, not for players already on the current squad. As seen by other teams that have "bowl bans", the number of players that transferred were very limited. The seniors on the Penn State team are just going to play out their year in anticpation of the NFL if they are a prospect and are not going to want to sit out a year to transfer to another FBS program. The most likely players to leave Penn St are the underclassmen that had interest in other schools or wouldn't have much playing time and therefore with the sanctions, even a FCS team would be more attractive to them.

I don't think the community rosters should alter ratings, they are just not going to participate in a bowl and the scholarships affect future years. If that is the case, then Ohio State and other schools would have to receive the same treatment in the roster format. USC was on probation last year, with reduced scholarships, with no depth, and still was a top team within the Pac 12. I think it is too soon to drastically alter rosters on the possibility of what may come in the future months.
You're missing a few things. First, regarding the bolded part, any players that transfer will be eligible to play IMMEDIATELY. They can transfer right now, participate in fall camp with the new team, and start from day 1 if they are good enough.

On top of that, the NCAA is actually considering a ruling that would cause the transferred players to be excluded from the 85 scholarship player limit. For example, if the University of Florida is at 85 scholarship players currently (which I don't think they are - this is just an example), they would still be able to take RB Silas Redd even though that would put them at 86 players. The NCAA is only considering this though, it's not done yet.

Lastly, EA Sports did incorporate USC's sanction into the game last year. They set USC's "Championship Contender" rating at a D+, and even if you won a NC the first year it barely went up. So it would be fair to attempt to virtually sanction Penn State in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »