Home

FCS to FBS...12 in, 12 out...who to choose?

This is a discussion on FCS to FBS...12 in, 12 out...who to choose? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0
FCS to FBS...12 in, 12 out...who to choose?

Okay I have not really followed the FCS too closely even being a big college football fan until recently wince my wife if from Montana and a huge Montana fan.

I am thinking of doing one of my Dynasties as semi-realistic by putting 12 FCS teams in and taking out (most likely MAC teams since I dont really care about them or a few other low teams.

I am thinking about putting the 4 teams that will be moving to (Charlotte, Georgia Southern, ODU) or already in (South Alabama) FBS

I also am planning on at least 4 teams out west for the WAC (Montana, Montana A&M, Eastern Washington, Sacramento State probably)

the 4 WAC are pretty much guaranteed, but nothing else is...I was just wondering from those that might follow the FCS a bit closer who would you suggest putting in, which teams have the tradition and legit chance to move up.

I'm also looking at maybe Appalachian State, but really dont know who else.

Also who would you suggest moving up and who would you take out?

I apologize if this has been asked and I didnt find it or if its in the wrong section.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FCS to FBS...12 in, 12 out...who to choose?

UTA is starting their program I believe in the WAC, Richmond has always been good, Grambling is a solid team thats been around forever, then maybe a northern team(Maine,Delaware,Harvard) as for who to take out:Central Mich,Eastern Mich, Both New Mexico schools, ULL n ULM, Army and Navy, FAU, BYU would all be the teams I would consider
Old 07-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

NDSU has been good recently.

(North Dakota State)

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 07-24-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

I just started paying a little more and more attention to the FCS. I'd say deffinetly Appalachian State. I'd also go with Deleware. Villenova, Im pretty sure has tossed the idea around of moving up. Northern Iowa I think thought breifly about it as well, plus they have a pretty good winning tradition. Another I'd choose is North Dakota State.

But apparently Win/loss doesnt matter as much, its more about school size(number of students) and attendance, and money(of course). So in theory you really could pick just about anyone and it'd be believable...for the most part.

I am also doing a dynasty like this, but am debating whether or not to use the teams from the FCS project so they'll be more realistic and be rather weak. Or make them myself and make them to be more BCS compatible so they can compete right away....but not dominate of course.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents

Oh ya...I'd also pretty much replace Conference USA
Old 07-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #5
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal_Foley
Oh ya...I'd also pretty much replace Conference USA
Why would you replace them?
Houston?
UCF?
Tulsa?
The list goes on
Even the new one that'll form next year looks pretty good
FIU and UTSA on the rise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3

Surprised at the lack of Villanova Wildcats love, they're moving up in 2014 if I remember correctly. I've actually heard as low as 2013 (next year). They just need to upgrade their stadium, which is hard where they're located because it's a very rich area and some local people don't want them to.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueDude
UTA is starting their program I believe in the WAC, Richmond has always been good, Grambling is a solid team thats been around forever, then maybe a northern team(Maine,Delaware,Harvard) as for who to take out:Central Mich,Eastern Mich, Both New Mexico schools, ULL n ULM, Army and Navy, FAU, BYU would all be the teams I would consider
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
Surprised at the lack of Villanova Wildcats love, they're moving up in 2014 if I remember correctly. I've actually heard as low as 2013 (next year). They just need to upgrade their stadium, which is hard where they're located because it's a very rich area and some local people don't want them to.
Nope.

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 07-24-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Delaware
Northern Iowa
App St
North Dakota St
San Houston St
Georgia Southern
Lehigh
Montana
Montana St
Old Dominion
Eastern Washington
Villanova

There's 12 teams to add, all across the country. You can stick the,western teams in the WAC, and all the others in the Sun Belt or MAC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »