Home

Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess

One why is this even a viable strategy the user picks "Quarters-Man Under-package sub LB pass rush" (so that's 7 DB's, 3 LB's, and 1 DT), then audibles down to what looks like a Nickel and stuffs the run for a loss against a 1 WR, 2 HB/TE set.

That defensive personnel should get absolutely destroyed against a 'power run' set, but nope Madden just let's the BS continue. SMH at the game, and SMH at the user in the vid...aren't these guys supposed to host a SIM league? I could be mistaken about the SIM part but I see their posts everywhere. If this is how their league is run smdh.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 13 Retail-What Is This Mess

Yet again - why I don't play online.

*Also - @6:24 there is an Audible and then a handoff to the WR that is playing FB...

Last edited by Cre8; 08-20-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

This is why I refuse to play this game online and as a consumer I am hanging by a thread with single player.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Yet again - why I don't play online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
This is why I refuse to play this game online and as a consumer I am hanging by a thread with single player.
To be fair most SIM leagues DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT condone that type of f***ery. I wanted to point out how just on a basic level Madden just doesn't have the BASICS right. Then combine that with users who manipulate, and take advantage of the way the game works it's just a shame the game hasn't outgrown this.

That's why I'm really looking forward to sliders to help eliminate this type of 'non-football strategy' from being effective (see sig). So while I don't play lobby games online, well run SIM leagues are the best way to go.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 08-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
To be fair most SIM leagues DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT condone that type of f***ery. I wanted to point out how just on a basic level Madden just doesn't have the BASICS right. Then combine that with users who manipulate, and take advantage of the way the game works it's just a shame the game hasn't outgrown this.

That's why I'm really looking forward to sliders to help eliminate this type of 'non-football strategy' from being effective (see sig). So while I don't play lobby games online, well run SIM leagues are the best way to go.
There is no such thing as a casual online game and it's annoying to no end when you just want to get a pick up game of Madden in and some tool is using you as his nano blitz stat stooge.

I might look into a league this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Is TB not CPU controlled? Wouldn't expect them to be able to counter that silly crap.

It is a shame that it isn't more taken advantage of, but do we even know the skill/slider settings of the CPU here.

Any user player in my OF would make the correct line audibles and do some damage that the CPU doesn't recognize to do there.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the site who put up that video play for money? I don't know how any sim league can give money to the winners, it's counterproductive because it encourages winning at all costs. Reward owners who have excellent attendance, follow rules and contribute like I do.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
Banned

Since the guy is playing 1 minue quarters, Im sure playing a sim game is the furthest thing from his mind.

From the looks of it the guy is wanting to show a video simply to give people a quick look at the retail game.

It is ok to goof around and have fun with the game every now and then, the Madden commisioner isnt going to come to your house, slap on a fine and steal your samidge for doing goofy stuff occasionally. Its pretty sad that people automatically jump to conclusions and assume this is how this particular person plays online when they really dont know anything about them.

That said I dont play online, because I dont really feel the need since its just not that entertaining most times.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
Rookie

this isn't anything new. The 1-5-5 and 3-3-5 are still the best formations against the run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »