Home

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS Vita) OS Tournament

This is a discussion on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS Vita) OS Tournament within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS Vita) OS Tournament

Hot Shots Golf: OS Invitational Leaderboard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who's interested in a Hot Shots Golf tournament on the PS Vita? We had some fun times in the HSG PS3 tournaments, so I'm going to try and bring the fun to the Vita for another OS HSG tournament. So we have six courses in the game, so it will be a six week tournament. The fun thing about HSG is that we can add different rules to the game to keep it fresh, like extra penalties for not hitting the fairway, character/club/ball limits, etc. But for the first tournament I'd like to keep it simple and play with no extra rules except maybe character limits on some courses. Let everyone ease in

Rules are simple, meet up and play two 18-hole course with the group (one regular tee, one mirror long tee). 36 holes will probably take around an hour and a half. I will create a private room just prior to the agreed upon tee time. I believe a room will hold eight players, if we have more than that, we'll split the group. Scoring will be general golf scoring, the lowest cumulative score after the 12 courses will be the champion! I will keep a weekly leaderboard and keep it posted here.

I'd like these weekly tee times to be on either Monday or Tuesday nights around 9:00 CST. How does that fit in everyone's schedule?

Make-up games will be allowed. What worked good in the past, and what we'll try out again, is if you do miss a meetup, all you need to do is get a private game in with someone from the tournament before the next week's meetup and post a screenshot of the final score in this thread.

I will also create a voice chat session using Vita's Party app. So feel free to join that so we can talk while playing. Word of caution though, join the chat party before you join enter the HSG online lobbies. HSG will drop you from their online if you put the game in the background and switch over to the chat app. I have mixed opinions of the party app, if it doesn't do the trick, we can try something like Skype, which we used in the past for the PS3 tournaments.

================================================== ===

Ok, so let's talk about the first week, Maple Leaf Golf Club. The match will be a 18-hole regular tee course followed by a long tee 18-hole session. Characters will be limited to Novice and Intermediate characters, but no limits on balls and clubs. Make sure you have the long tee unlocked for Maple Leaf Golf Club, I'm not sure if the game will let you join a group if you don't have that course unlocked!

Tentative tee time to kick things off will be Tuesday, August 21st at 9:00 CST. If we need to wait until next week to build up interest, we can start next Monday or Tuesday. We'll meet in the Dog lobby, floor 3. My PSN name is aukevin, so look for me there.

So who's interested? Rules and times sound good? Any discussion?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 09-11-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS Vita) OS Tournament

I'm definitely interested, but I don't know if I have everything unlocked:

I'm on the 3rd level now, so I think I have 4 courses unlocked, as well as 4 characters. I have 4 of the 5 swing options available to me, and have a few different balls and clubs unlocked as well.

How do I know if I have the longer tees unlocked?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

Absolutely interested!

Still need to unlock quite a bit, though.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

All in!

Don't worry Brett - it's the first course, so the only thing you'd be missing for the first week is the characters.

Great to get this going again!

DJ: I think the long tees are unlocked as well when you spend points to unlock a course. Different from Out of Bounds.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm interested as well, and like others, I need to unlock a lot of stuff to even be competitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Everyone should have the first course unlocked from the beginning. You might need to check on the Long Tee though. If I remember correctly you unlock that by purchasing it in the shop (like where you buy clubs and stuff). You need to complete some courses in single player in order to make the long tee course available for purchase, although the first course's long tee might be unlocked from the start.

As for the balls and clubs, the first couple courses don't matter too much, but you'll need those upgraded by the time we get further. Plus, expert characters will be in the mix by the 3rd course, so you'll want to get one of them by then too for sure.

I've never been very good at this game, I just like it. So I better get practicing a little too

Atlanta Braves
Old 08-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

So I count 6, including myself, that are interested. That's enough for me to think it is worthwhile. Do you guys want to start tomorrow night?

Atlanta Braves

Last edited by aukevin; 08-21-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

If I may make a suggestion to the guys that are unlocking stuff....

One of the expert characters (Xiao Ling) can be purchased in the store for around 50,000 points, I think. If you save up the points you're earning you might be able to afford her even if you haven't progressed to the expert level courses in challenge mode yet. Getting stars and crowns in challenge is definitely the fastest way to earn points when playing the game normally (the VS. match ones can net you 20,000 each for a crown!). You aren't shown the crown level requirements normally until after you beat the platinum rank, but you can still earn them if you know what they are - and many of the first few crown requirements are not all that difficult. I think one even requires you to bogey 3 times and still win...LOL!

She'll also make the intermediate level challenges much easier, as well.

Kev - starting tomorrow is fine with me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »