Home

Offsides Penalty in Madden 13

This is a discussion on Offsides Penalty in Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Offsides Penalty in Madden 13

I've been playing with the penalty sliders and have noticed that when I turn the offsides penalty slider up that, on a fake snap, the defenders on the LOS will often false step forward with way more regularity. However, I've yet to see this actually translate into a penalty in about 6 games or so. The defenders never cross the LOS and touch an Olineman, and the QB snapping the ball immediately doesn't result in catching them offsides.

Am I missing something here, or is there actually no way to get the defense to incur an offsides penalty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Offsides Penalty in Madden 13

This is something I've been meaning to test out but I haven't yet. In my solo online CCM, I've jumped the snap a couple of times and didn't get a flag. Looking at the replays, they were slight jumps, one foot clearly just past the ball... but I didn't get flagged. In previous versions, I would have drawn the offsides for sure.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Yep, I've been seeing this a lot and I'm close to declaring the slider "broken". I've played with it extensively at 100 and have NEVER seen a single offsides or encroachment penalty. Also, when at 100 you see 6-8 out of 11 defenders do the 'jump' animation, and all at the same time. It looks awful and just doesn't work.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Has been an issue for years now...

What I didn't realize until this year is that offsides does work in NCAA. Yes, you can fake snap, lure a defender offsides, snap the ball, and take a shot at a free play as the pros do. This isn't possible in Madden for reasons unknown to me.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
Rookie

bummer.

I guess the only recourse is to completely turn off false start and offsides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
Pro

False start works. NO was called on 4 false starts in my preseason game against them in just the first quarter.
NE had 3 in the Super Bowl, one on the 5 yard line when they were trying to tie up the game in the final seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Pro

Double-J's Arena

OVR: 8

This, like pass interference, seems to be one of the more glaring non-calls in this years iteration. Kind of bothers me. I mean, I like the idea of being able to perfectly time a snap and getting a boost, but I should be penalized if I misjudge.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
False start works. NO was called on 4 false starts in my preseason game against them in just the first quarter.
NE had 3 in the Super Bowl, one on the 5 yard line when they were trying to tie up the game in the final seconds.
Right, there is nothing wrong with false start, but unless there is actually a way that defense can be penalized by a hard count/fake snap then having both false start and offsides enabled makes no sense... offenses can only lose when using hard count/fake snap.

Both offsides and false start need to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »