Home

1.04 is a beauty .. no more sliders for me

This is a discussion on 1.04 is a beauty .. no more sliders for me within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
1.04 is a beauty .. no more sliders for me

Hey everyone. Just downloaded the new 1.04 tuner last night and have played closed to 20 games since then on 9 minute periods. Game plays like a charm. No more easy short side wristers going in all the time and penalties have been fixed !!!

Couldn't be happier ... I also noticed this game plays the BEST with default sliders (except for penalties sliders maxed).

I am playing PRO, Hardcore, Default Sliders and I am A M A Z E D !!!

Thanks EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Banned

Minus 80's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1.04 is a beauty .. no more sliders for me

Agreed. I'm playing on default Pro sliders, except for having all three penalty sliders maxed. I'm getting the 7-9 penalties on 10 minute periods, and the game plays frickin' sweet.

I think most of the complaints with 1.04 resulted from guys trying to use with their current custom sliders. I think they need to be rebuilt from the ground up. I also don't think most will need to move them much at all.

Just a fantastic game now.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

I haven't tried default sliders since they were introduced. :P
Old 09-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minus 80
Agreed. I'm playing on default Pro sliders, except for having all three penalty sliders maxed. I'm getting the 7-9 penalties on 10 minute periods, and the game plays frickin' sweet.

I think most of the complaints with 1.04 resulted from guys trying to use with their current custom sliders. I think they need to be rebuilt from the ground up. I also don't think most will need to move them much at all.

Just a fantastic game now.
Good point, I hope it works well on all-star/superstar with defaults and maxed penalties. I wonder how much, if any, of the other sliders got tuned with this penalty tuner. The few things I feel like I have to adjust from default are acceleration and game speed, since default feels way too fast, and I doubt the tuner affected that much.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Banned

Minus 80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
I haven't tried default sliders since they were introduced. :P
Then you are part of what's wrong with sports gaming today. If you don't start on default, you are pissing in the wind trying to customize gameplay.

I not only start out on default when a game ships, but I go back when trying out a new tuner, too. Then i change from there.

But there are a ton of guys that jack up their sliders, and then complain about how the game plays. It creates a ton of FUD in the forums, and contributes to the antagonistic environment that keep devs away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

I must say that I'm very impressed with 1.04 myself. I play offline only and have been having really awesome games in my season. Seems like the gameplay is even better not to mention the increased penalties. At this point I'm not downloading any new tuners or even a patch that might mess things up!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

finally got a game in with tuner 1.04.
great job red_shirt.
I too didnt even mess with the sliders this time exept for the penalty sliders.
8 min periods on all-star.
not scoring 6 goals a game either.

hopefully my game doesnt freeze anymore. Does anyone think that has something to do with being logged on to the ea server??
My internet sucks and is a wireless town isp.
Im gonna try just not going online anymore unl;ess i download tuners, rosters , or play an occasional online game
Old 09-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Fresh from box sliders test, except the three pen sliders maxed out, on play now, 5 min periods between Vancouver(me) and Minnesota (cpu) at pro level.

Saw a blatant hooking go unpunished but then the CPU starts laying on the dirty stuff. A nasty boarding on Sedin earns Suter a game misconduct my first 5 minute major PP. Around 3 mins in, that turns into a 5 on 3.

CPU took 3 pens, I took two in a 5 min period game that felt really good to play. It was a dirty, gritty game. Off for a ten minute period test...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »