Home

Y the nick name calling

This is a discussion on Y the nick name calling within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Y the nick name calling

I have two names that r in the select screen but yet they still call me by my nick name. And my last nam is morrow there's a player in the nba with the name morrow but its still not one to choose from. Does this upset anyone else or is it just me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Y the nick name calling

To give your player the feel of "King James", D Wade, The Manimal, and so on.... Players get called by their nicknames all the time.... I'm guessing that....

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11
Cool Re: Y the nick name calling

They got nice nicknames, a nickname like "the wizard" when you just got into the league is ****ing stupid.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I did not choose a Nickname. I chose "ABC". Yet.. sometimes during halftime, they call me "A-B-C". I seriously hope that's a bug that's being fixed. It has never called me "A-B-C" before.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Seems like u should earn your nickname not just pick some random made up on. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is stupid on 2k part
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmorrow
I have two names that r in the select screen but yet they still call me by my nick name. And my last nam is morrow there's a player in the nba with the name morrow but its still not one to choose from. Does this upset anyone else or is it just me?
Yeah, don't like it either. Created a player named Cesar Torres, nicknamed 'Lights Out' and I hate it when the broadcaster's mention him by his nickname. Sounds tacky as hell. Wish we could disable that all together. At least the PA doesn't go with that nickname BS.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

The name audio is definitly in the game. Thats why they have the name panels with names to choose from. If i choose my first and last name from the panels thats what they should call me or it should be "first name" "nickname" "last name"

Hopefully its just a bug that the real names arent triggering more often but its also been this way since my player was introduced.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyld
I did not choose a Nickname. I chose "ABC". Yet.. sometimes during halftime, they call me "A-B-C". I seriously hope that's a bug that's being fixed. It has never called me "A-B-C" before.
lmfao.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »