Home

whosnext00's Madden 2013 Slider for Realistic Gameplay and Stats

This is a discussion on whosnext00's Madden 2013 Slider for Realistic Gameplay and Stats within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
whosnext00's Madden 2013 Slider for Realistic Gameplay and Stats

** Update 10/31/2012 - v.1.8 / Added new set for all you guys to help me test

New Set

So here it is guys, what we've all been waiting for in Madden... for ratings to matter! I'll need your help to make sure these are the correct settings for individual player ratings to matter.

Here's how to test:

Create a new player for HB, WR, OL, DE and CB
Make this player with a 5 rating in everything that matters for his position
Make him the smallest guy allowed (5'0", 160lbs.)
Go run some plays in Normal practice mode
Compare settings to make sure ratings are being respected
The slider will be 0, 25, 50 or 100

Example: I created the player as described above and put him as a LG, then started a pass play to check out Pass Rush and Pass Blocking. At 0, the defender had a hard time going through my midget, so I set both Pass Rush and Pass Blocking to 100 and my midget got ran over as he should.

Now for some sliders

First go reset everything to default by pressing triangle on each slider screen, then choose Custom skill level. The AI does not change to default when you first select a preset skill level other than Custom.

Game Options

Skill Level: Custom (Most important step! This resets the manipulated AI when choosing a preset skill level) (In CCM choose All Pro as it has the least AI manipuation)
Playcall: Whatever (House rules are Gameflow or Ask Madden)
Quarter: 15 minutes
Accel: 14 seconds
Auto Strafe/Sprint: On (Only because I don't control any players)
Game Speed: Slow
Threshold: 0 (Do not change the threshold as 0 + Slow allows the fastest guy to run a 4.2 with 99 speed and 99 accel ratings. Chris Johnsons runs an exact 4.24 which is his real life 40 time. Again, don't change the threshold or game speed, change player ratings if they're not running correct 40 times.)
Coach Mode: On/Off (These sliders aren't for difficulty, they're for ratings so pick your battles)

Injuries: 30
Fatigue: 60

Penalties

Same as original set posted below. I've managed to get a few pass interference calls and other calls I haven't see before with this set.

Skills - Same for HUM/CPU

QBA: 25/25 (Seems weird but this is the real setting for ratings, not 0, not 50 or anywhere in-between)
Pass Block: 0/0
WR Catch: 50/50 (I feel 25 has more natural catches but way too many drops)

BRT: 25 (This and Tackle at 25 creates makes them more realistic but with the occasional pinball RB)
RB: 75 (Creates space to the side. Don't tell me running is too easy or too hard, these sliders are not for that. Please use other set below for bigger challenge but less ratings based play)
Fumbles: 25 (Fumbles are respected until you raise BRT or Tackle)

Pass React: 0 (Prevent syncing and respect individual awareness/play recognition)
INT: 25 or 50 (25 = better stats, 50 = smarter DBs - only slider in testing)
Pass Rush: 50

Run React: 0 (Same as pass react)
Block Shed: 100 (100 is legit, the number just makes me want to test again though lol)
Tackle: 25 (Gang tackles, very few train wrecks but worth it for the realism it provides combined with Break Tackle)

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 48/48
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 100/100
Kickoff Power: 50/50 (Too many touchbacks might bring this down)

Auto Subs

I have found no evidence that this affects player ratings but default works fine for now

I have mine set at QB 11/12, OL, CB & S 24/25, the rest are 50/51

Hope you enjoy these and start testing with me so we can nail each one on the head.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Set

Under throws, Over throws, Scrambling QBs, Gang tackles, Diving catches, Fighting for the ball, Jukes, Spins, Blocking and un-synced. That's what you want and that's what I'm working to deliver with this new slider set.

I've experienced all of the above with this set, so I'd like to share it with you.

This is close to the final set, try it and let us know what ya think.

Legend

Green: Satisfactory
Teal: Undecided
Red: Recent Change

Game Options (CCM and Play Now)

Starting difficulty: All-Madden
Quarter Length: 15 Min. (Most real obviously)
Acc. Clock: 14 Sec. (Best time for right amount of plays)
Auto Strafe: On (Optional)
Auto Sprint: On (Optional)
Injuries: 37
Fatigue: 59 (The best setting)
Game Speed: Slow (Better animations)
Threshold: 65 (After hours of repeatable testing, this most closely matches; with Slow Game Speed, players real 40 yard dash times)

Penalties (Credit goes to Playmaker for base set)

Offside: 95
False Start: 65

Holding: 53

Facemask: 5
DPI: 100

OPI: 100

K/PI: 100

Clipping: 55

IG: 100

Rough Pass: 53

Rough Kick: 100

These sliders were tested in Coach Mode but most people like them when playing too (Creates a realistic game and good stats)

Because players are different skill levels, I won't provide a player set, this set is a very good base.

Passing
QBA: 6/5 (The CPU QB seems more accurate by default)
Pass Block: 5/5 (No sync and creates gang blocks)
WR Catch: 55/55 (Still get awesome animations from GOOD receivers)

Rushing
Broken Tackles: 3/3
Run Block: 30/0
(CPU run is infinitely better by Madden default, this tones it down)
Fumbles:
5/5 (Maybe 1 fumble per game)

Pass D
Reaction: 0/0 (Prevents player syncing)
INT: 20/20 (Good QBs throw less, bad QBs throw more)
Pass Rush: 0/0 - The rush is still there but at 0 QB doesn't throw short 99% of the time (You will get 3-5 seconds before needing to scramble)

Run D
Reaction: 0/0 (Prevents player syncing)
Block Shed: 0/0 (Blockers will keep trying as defenders try to shed)
Tackling: 8/8 (Great animations, gang tackles and very few train wrecks)

Special Teams

FG Power: 55 (David Akers can't kick it 49 yards so gotta bump this up)
FG Acc: 45
Punt Power: 50
Punt Acc: 100
Kick Power: 50

Auto Subs

Post your box scores so we can improve on these sliders: http://dynasties.operationsports.com...id=1&sport=nfl

--------------

Note: My thoughts on Threshold, Pass and Run Reaction are that when either is bumped even to 1, all the players sync up together. I had Run Reaction at 5 and all the D Players synced up to defend the run before it even started. Taking this down to 0, I noticed the players not syncing up anymore and playing more individually. Same goes for Threshold where any bump puts the WR and CB on the same stride but at 0, that doesn't happen. (After recent testing for hours on end, I found that at 65 threshold, players are most true to real life in terms of 40 yard dash times)

--------------

Enjoy!

Last edited by whosnext00; 10-31-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: whosnext00's Madden 2013 Slider for Realistic Gameplay and Stats

Did you really mean to have the Human run block 25 and the CPU's 0? I like the look of all the numbers, but this one and the QBA at 3 jump out at me.

Just want to be sure I'm reading it right....you have human on the left and CPU to the right of the hash - correct?

Equal based sets are always the most appealing to me, so I will try these out.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm going to try these out and post my impressions
Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Did you really mean to have the Human run block 25 and the CPU's 0? I like the look of all the numbers, but this one and the QBA at 3 jump out at me.

Just want to be sure I'm reading it right....you have human on the left and CPU to the right of the hash - correct?

Equal based sets are always the most appealing to me, so I will try these out.

You read it right. Since the latest patch, the CPU run game is beastly. Of course this set is still being refined but it's pretty close I think.

Do post your thoughts after a few games, would love to hear them
Old 10-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7
What difficulty are these for? They look very promising.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

You get an A+ for this. I have always tried using Dynamic sliders for more of an authentic fel instead of "stat seeking" sliders that makes the game rough and unrealistic.

Broken tackles at 0 with Tackling at 0 is what i use as it really makes Elusive/Trucking backs shine while the better tacklers will be more valuable.

The QBA/Catch combo i have used and loved the animations. Makes star receivers feel more amazing.

Pass blocking at 0 is correct because with it at 50 i have noticed that the line moves as a unit and you wont see individual battles and it makes line interaction bad.

Pass rush at 0 makes having edge rushers more important and you wont see no names getting to the QB at will. At high numbers you will see alot of pocket collapses.

I believe each slider is a threshold slider in the fact that it correlates with the whole team. If im playing with blaine Gabbert with a 10 or lower QBA, then he will play like Blaine Gabbert.But the more i move the QBA up he will be on the same level as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

Same for WR catch. They more you move it up, the more receivers will be reliable. And lower makes every wide receiver on the field play worse and worse.

So basically my advice to you is view each slider like a threshold for that particular skill. Each tick makes The ENTIRE team play better or worse in that particular slider.

Great Sliders.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OP updated, check what's in red.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
You get an A+ for this. I have always tried using Dynamic sliders for more of an authentic fel instead of "stat seeking" sliders that makes the game rough and unrealistic.

Broken tackles at 0 with Tackling at 0 is what i use as it really makes Elusive/Trucking backs shine while the better tacklers will be more valuable.

The QBA/Catch combo i have used and loved the animations. Makes star receivers feel more amazing.

Pass blocking at 0 is correct because with it at 50 i have noticed that the line moves as a unit and you wont see individual battles and it makes line interaction bad.

Pass rush at 0 makes having edge rushers more important and you wont see no names getting to the QB at will. At high numbers you will see alot of pocket collapses.

I believe each slider is a threshold slider in the fact that it correlates with the whole team. If im playing with blaine Gabbert with a 10 or lower QBA, then he will play like Blaine Gabbert.But the more i move the QBA up he will be on the same level as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

Same for WR catch. They more you move it up, the more receivers will be reliable. And lower makes every wide receiver on the field play worse and worse.

So basically my advice to you is view each slider like a threshold for that particular skill. Each tick makes The ENTIRE team play better or worse in that particular slider.

Great Sliders.
Thank you, much appreciated!

After spending about 8 hours today playing game after game and watching every intricacy during gameplay and in replays, I finally decided to post them for everyone to benefit from.

Hopefully we can make these better.

BTW: I started with All-Madden on these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »