Home

QB read Glitch?

This is a discussion on QB read Glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

OVR: 9
QB read Glitch?

Is there a glitch that makes the OB read play unstoppable. I thought i heard something in the lobby a few days ago, but didn't ask about it. Just played someone using Oregon. They used the pistol look with 2 RBs a FB and 2 WRs, except they put the 3rd string RB at FB. So they had 3 RBs in the backfield. I tried everything, Qb spys, contain, but even when my guys got close to tackle, they wouldn't tackle, but rather, run along with the runner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: QB read Glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird2585
Is there a glitch that makes the OB read play unstoppable. I thought i heard something in the lobby a few days ago, but didn't ask about it. Just played someone using Oregon. They used the pistol look with 2 RBs a FB and 2 WRs, except they put the 3rd string RB at FB. So they had 3 RBs in the backfield. I tried everything, Qb spys, contain, but even when my guys got close to tackle, they wouldn't tackle, but rather, run along with the runner.
Who did you user? And if that guy is in your OD get rid of him. That is A BS move with the RB sub.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Who did you user? And if that guy is in your OD get rid of him. That is A BS move with the RB sub.
How is that a BS move to replace the FB with a HB? That's one of the default package subs (3 HBs) in the pistol full house and to my knowledge, every split SG formation has a package sub to replace the FB with a HB. Not to mention the fact that most teams in real life use all HBs in these formations instead of a FB.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
How is that a BS move to replace the FB with a HB? That's one of the default package subs (3 HBs) in the pistol full house and to my knowledge, every split SG formation has a package sub to replace the FB with a HB. Not to mention the fact that most teams in real life use all HBs in these formations instead of a FB.
True but the AI gets abused by dumb stuff like this. It shouldn't but it does. I used to run the Flex and Maryland I. Sub in a Power RB and it made it impossible for the user's CPU players to stop.

Maybe BS was too strong.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird2585
No, there is not a glitch. You have to make a manual play and be smart. Turn your coaching adjustments to focus on the QB on option, if he is running outside every play, spread and contain your line and backers and force him to run up the middle. It is common sense. I run gun option as my entire offense and absolutely destroy people because most just don't use common sense on defense when it comes to the option.

And Pistol Full House has packages to put 3 HB's, a FB/TE/HB and WR's in the backfield. There is nothing cheesy or glitchy about that. I use the 3 HB package almost exclusively because it doesn't betray the strength of your formation.

When I do have a fullback in the formation, I use the Fullback package which puts the FB behind the QB and the two HB's on either side. It makes it a lot like Flexbone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Qb read is broken. Shouldn't have to manually play a LB to stop a play. I don't mind the play picking up yards, but defense almost exclusively flows to RB. In our dynasty, the play has been banned for a couple of months because too easy to abuse. The Qbs were leading rushers on every user team.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
Rookie

jhendricks316's Arena

OVR: 32

I love the Read Option play. But when the defender follows the running back, a fast quarterback will easily rack up yards. If the DE stays, the RB runs the opposite way with lead blockers.
Detroit Lions
Yale Bulldogs
Detroit Pistons
Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendricks316
I love the Read Option play. But when the defender follows the running back, a fast quarterback will easily rack up yards. If the DE stays, the RB runs the opposite way with lead blockers.
The entire purpose of the play. The read option is supposed to be hard to defend since it is designed to make the defense guess wrong on who is getting the ball (See any Oregon game recently). As many plays and concepts that are broken in this game you complain about the one that works as intended. I'd hate to see some of you guys as offensive/defensive coordinators, every play that worked on you, you'd petition for a sanction from the NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »