Home

G'Mo's Custom REAL LIFE Camera *2013*

This is a discussion on G'Mo's Custom REAL LIFE Camera *2013* within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
G'Mo's Custom REAL LIFE Camera *2013*

What's up fellas... I'm back with my "Real Life" custom camera that was very popular last year. So popular that Russell and SCEA recreated a similar camera in this years game. I admire the makers trying to attempt it, however it's not exactly like my version. So I worked on getting the camera back to the way it was last year, and it looks and feels great!

Just a selling point to those who are new to the camera. Play a game or two with it and you will love the way the camera feels. Once you hit a ball over the fence or rip an opposite field shot into the gap, you will love how this custom camera makes you feel like you're hitting and playing real baseball.

The instructions how to recreate it are below.

G'MO REAL LIFE CAMERA 2013

What does the camera allow you to do better?

1) My custom camera is zoomed all the way to allow you to see the baseball better. I'm talking about you can see the baseball so well, you can see the SPIN on the ball. This camera give you so much detail, you can see the tight spin and red dot for a curve ball and slider. You can see the flat end over end rotation of a fastball. Once you look for these clues, I promise you will find yourself more dialed in than ever!

2) You will find yourself being more patient and taking more pitches. Because the camera is zoomed to the max; the strike zone is a lot bigger on your screen. Conversely the area outside the strike zone is a lot smaller! If you get a pitch that misses far from the strike zone, it will be off the damn screen. So naturally you won't swing at that cheese. Get a fastball that is high? You will feel that pitch at the top of your TV screen and feel like its going to hit you in the face... You won't swing rather you will be thinking the ball is coming through your TV

3) Finally stop pulling everything and hit the ball the other way like good hitters do. You have to trust me on this one. When you play, I feel like my timing is so natural. When I am looking for an offspead pitch and I get a fastball on the outside part of the plate, my split second reaction results in more inside out hits to the opposite field. I've hit some opposite field homeruns this way too. You feel like you have control to read and react accordingly, even when your late on the outside part of the plate. Even you aren't an analog user, use it! I highly recommend it. It's easy to control, get your timing, and even check with with it! Just try it out for a few games.

------------------------

Here are the instructions on how to make the camera

1) Go to the batting practice mode
2) Pick Carlos Beltran from the Cardinals as your batter
3) Pick Justin Verlander from the Tigers as the pitcher
4) Pick the practice field as your stadium
5) Once your into practice - go to your custom camera's
6) Use L1/R1 to get to the CATCHER ZOOM Preset

7) Hold down R2 so the camera zoom's all the way in (as far is can go, it will stop on its own when maxed in)

Take a look at the pic below of where you should be at this point

8) Hold the Right Stick to the up so that the top of the strike zone is aligned right above the picther's shoes (view the red arrow in the picture below)

9) Move the Right Stick to the right all the way as far it will go (so that the left side of the strike zone is matched up with the left side of the blue billboard on the fence. Look at the red arrows in the picture below.)

10) Move the Left Stick to the left so that now the top upper left corner of the strike zone is matched right side of the blue billboard on the fence. (Look at the red arrows in the picture below.)

And that's it... Remember to use Carlos as your batter and use Justin Verlander as your pitcher and do it in the practice ball park (just for consistency of setup).

***I will put a disclaimer that I'm still working on judging some of the border line pitches. You will need to "learn" how some of the outside pitches on the black are called by each ump, as well as the inside strike. I recommend that you play with the strikezone off and and pitch callout off. The callout will look like strikes are balls because of the extreme angle the camera is at. But I think its a distraction anyway. You should be focused on your next pitch. BUT you can leave on the swing/pitch info.

This setup will allow you to focus on the pitches and use some eye recall to learn the strike zone. Use the swing/pitch info to see where the pitch actually went***

If you're like me and are always looking for a way to make the game as real as possible, I guarantee that this view will improve your game play experience. I'm not going to guarantee you great hitting success right away! This is all about feeling the reward of hitting and feeling like a real baseball is coming down your screen. Since I've experimented with this camera, I'm more eager to play games than ever before. I feel like I'm going to the batting cage and/or I get flash backs to playing in little league and high school. Instead this time my eyes are in the bodies of my favorite players.

Let me know how it works out for you guys! I'll give you continued feedback as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

OVR: 10
Loved last year's. Just set mine up...will let ya know
Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #3
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: G'Mo's Custom REAL LIFE Camera *2013*

ty for this
Old 03-11-2013, 03:24 AM   #4
Rookie

rp05ev's Arena

OVR: 1

didn't russel say that your cam was in this years game? he was bull****ing?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Rookie

BSH1975's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm going to try this.

I loved your G'MO's Custom Camera 3.0 (Final Edition)

thx for this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Pro

this is a great camera, especially with the new settings for RTTS once you hit the ball!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Hmm I may have to try this out bro because this sounds really interesting!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 03-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #8
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Will have to try this out for my RTTS player, thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »