Home

Tons of Doubles

This is a discussion on Tons of Doubles within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tons of Doubles

I've used both Perfect sliders and TNK. For some reason it feels like I get 3 plus doubles a game. I do have auto base running on maybe that's the issue? They seem to always be able to stretch everything into a double.

Is anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas how to cut down on doubles without killing home runs?

Last edited by chello97217; 04-05-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Tons of Doubles

I would play 60 games first. Stats even out over the long haul.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
Rookie

xSiQ's Arena

OVR: 2

What is Fielder Run Speed at? I suggest nothing lower than 3 or you will see lots of doubles... and triples for faster players
Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSiQ
What is Fielder Run Speed at? I suggest nothing lower than 3 or you will see lots of doubles... and triples for faster players
Not sure like I said I'm using slider sets from the forums. It just seems like the hits are always to the gaps or along the lines and the ball always rolls to the wall or I hit almost home runs that bounce off the wall.

I play with the Reds I expect hits like that from Votto and Bruce but I guess I'll just keep playing and see what happens after 2 months or so of games.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

All the doubles you're describing seem like hits that are supposed to be doubles... maybe you're just getting too many hits overall?

I'm too lazy to go look at TNK's sliders but try lowering Solid Hits or Contact 1 point. Lower whichever one is higher, and only one of them, not both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
All the doubles you're describing seem like hits that are supposed to be doubles... maybe you're just getting too many hits overall?

I'm too lazy to go look at TNK's sliders but try lowering Solid Hits or Contact 1 point. Lower whichever one is higher, and only one of them, not both.
Nah I don't get a lot of hits. I think the highest hit total in a game I've had so far is 11 most end up being 4-7. I strike out a lot by no means am I even remotely patient at the plate lol.

Right now I'm in a game at the polo grounds and boy is this a mistake lol. 270 right field is bad news. 5-1 after 2 innings right now. Should of tried this against another team outside of Washington. I'm pretty much going full count with every batter to try and get them reaching lol.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 24

Aight well I just looked at his sliders and the only thing I can think of is that you might want to try raising Arm Strength 1 or 2 points, or lowering Baserunner Speed 1 point.

But at this point I also want to go back to this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
I would play 60 games first. Stats even out over the long haul.
Again I'm too lazy to look at actual stats (I'm sick... laziness is everywhere), but 3 doubles per game is only 1 more than the average... you could just be hot at the plate or whatever else.

If your home runs and BABIP and total number of hits, and everything else seems balanced... I'd give it a few more games.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #8
Rookie

xSiQ's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chello97217
Not sure like I said I'm using slider sets from the forums. It just seems like the hits are always to the gaps or along the lines and the ball always rolls to the wall or I hit almost home runs that bounce off the wall.

I play with the Reds I expect hits like that from Votto and Bruce but I guess I'll just keep playing and see what happens after 2 months or so of games.
Most gap shots should result in doubles, but if the ball is rolling to the wall and the outfielders can't cut it off like they should be doing then you should definitely consider increasing Fielder Run Speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »