Home

PS Vita owners.

This is a discussion on PS Vita owners. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
PS Vita owners.

Is it worth buying a Vita? I want to get one, but mainly to see my franchise stats and mess with lineups while I am away from my PS3. If it plays well, I might play a game or two on it. But, I just want to carry my franchise with me to do all the stuff I don't want to eat time with when I am home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PS Vita owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefmaster
Is it worth buying a Vita? I want to get one, but mainly to see my franchise stats and mess with lineups while I am away from my PS3. If it plays well, I might play a game or two on it. But, I just want to carry my franchise with me to do all the stuff I don't want to eat time with when I am home.
Not for one game. They removed the ticker this year, which sucks. And there is also a glitch with the scouting when sharing your franchise between the 2 systems
Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Unless you plan to play some amount of games I wouldn't get a Vita. Seems a high price to pay for franchise management on the go.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefmaster
It is! I actually bought the Vita only to play The Show and now I'm in the process of selling my Xbox, simply cos I haven't played a second on it since I got my Vita.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 04-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
Rookie

rush02721's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree, I got the Vita for the Show and am not disappointed in the money spent. I also got it with the playstation plus bundle so there are free games to fool around with. I think the gameplay is great. You'll find yourself playing quite a few games on it. Don't forget you can watch videos, play music, go online. For those of us without an ipad that just wants something a little more than an mp3 player the vita is not a bad pickup. That's my 2 cents at least
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganmorrison1
Not for one game. They removed the ticker this year, which sucks. And there is also a glitch with the scouting when sharing your franchise between the 2 systems
I would say no. And next year it will be totally off compared to the PS4 version.

And we're still waiting for the latest PS3 patch (released 2-3 weeks ago) to be applied on Vita as well. Big deception since was using my Vita to play MoM mode and there's very important fixes in latest patch.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

If you have the money, by all means get a Vita.
I don't really do cross platforming, I play RTTS at work on my Vita.
I play franchise/season at home on PS3.
I've bought a few other games to kill time at work
(Madden, Hotshots golf, F1 racing, Metal Gear Solid to name a few)
& even if I only played the Show on it, it'd be worth it to me.

And I'm by no means rich, I had to eat my share of baloney sammiches to get my Vita
Old 04-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
MVP

VanillaEps's Arena

OVR: 8

If you buy one of these things, do you need to buy the same game for Vita to be able to cross platform?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »