Home

100 Speed Threshold Really Improves Blocking

This is a discussion on 100 Speed Threshold Really Improves Blocking within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7
100 Speed Threshold Really Improves Blocking

I know that most people here are really opposed to high speed thresholds. I've done a lot of research and the Oline undoubtedly blocks better with 100 threshold. If there is anyone here who really likes to run the ball while patiently following their blocks. You will see a dramatic difference, especially with pulling linemen and second level blocks. I know it's almost time for 14, but I'm hoping to milk the last bit of fun from 13. Give it a try and let me know what you see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 100 Speed Threshold Really Improves Blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
I know that most people here are really opposed to high speed thresholds. I've done a lot of research and the Oline undoubtedly blocks better with 100 threshold. If there is anyone here who really likes to run the ball while patiently following their blocks. You will see a dramatic difference, especially with pulling linemen and second level blocks. I know it's almost time for 14, but I'm hoping to milk the last bit of fun from 13. Give it a try and let me know what you see.
Never tried that.

Same results for CPU also?

What difficulty level are you on! I play varsity or AA.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
Never tried that.

Same results for CPU also?

What difficulty level are you on! I play varsity or AA.
I play on Heisman with Jarrod's sliders. The high threshold really gives a more organic feel to the game! Yes it also effects the CPU. I've been playing this game since release and I've dabbled with a high threshold here and there. But the last month I went back to it and it really makes a difference. People shy away from high threshold because they think their speedsters will be caught from behind by slower players. You don't have o worry about that because your linemen will spring you for big runs, just the way most big runs are made possible in real football.

Last edited by jahswill; 05-14-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #4
Rookie

Bama man 42's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I play on Heisman with Jarrod's sliders. The high threshold really gives a more organic feel to the game! Yes it also effects the CPU. I've been playing this game since release and I've dabbled with a high threshold here and there. But the last month I went back to it and it really makes a difference. People shy away from high threshold because they think their speedsters will be caught from behind by slower players. You don't have o worry about that because your linemen will spring you for big runs, just the way most big runs are made possible in real football.
Which set of Jarrods sliders are you using ? Does the higher threshold improve pass blocking as well ?
Old 05-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama man 42
Which set of Jarrods sliders are you using ? Does the higher threshold improve pass blocking as well ?
I'm using the black version, yes the pass blocking is also effected in a positive way by the high threshold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

I actually have user run blocking at 50 and running back ability at 40 with the rest Jarrod's black sliders. I may go down to 35 RBA.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
I actually have user run blocking at 50 and running back ability at 40 with the rest Jarrod's black sliders. I may go down to 35 RBA.
I commend you for posting your findings. I've never fully understand the absolute insistence that threshold be at zero. Speed is not the only thing that matters. If real life football resembled what the game looks like on zero threshold then Devin Hester would be a 3,000 yard a year receiver and Darren Sproles would be a hall of famer.

People always complain that theirs fast players get caught be d-linemen. Have you ever seen Clowney play? Have you watched Julius Peppers overs the years? I even see defensive tackles catching up to the pile downfield all the time. It's called pursuit angles. I think the zero threhold thing is people not letting go of how th game worked in the old days on the ps2.

I'll try this out when 14 comes out,. I'll play three games at 100, three at 50, and three at 0 and see what I find

Ratings should matter, not just one rating

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 05-31-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I commend you for posting your findings. I've never fully understand the absolute insistence that threshold be at zero. Speed is not the only thing that matters. If real life football resembled what the game looks like on zero threshold then Devin Hester would be a 3,000 yard a year receiver and Darren Sproles would be a hall of famer.

People always complain that theirs fast players get caught be d-linemen. Have you ever seen Clowney play? Have you watched Julius Peppers overs the years? I even see defensive tackles catching up to the pile downfield all the time. It's called pursuit angles. I think the zero threhold thing is people not letting go of how th game worked in the old days on the ps2.

I'll try this out when 14 comes out,. I'll play three games at 100, three at 50, and three at 0 and see what I find

Ratings should matter, just one rating
I couldn't agree more! If the way the current threshold is implemented the same way in 14, I'm sure it will have a positive effect. If you happen to get the itch before 14 drops, give it a try. The players also seem to have more weight to them. I had my power back drag a guy about 3 yards and break the tackle to have someone clean him up as he broke free. I haven't seen that animation before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »