Home

Puck Control Slider

This is a discussion on Puck Control Slider within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Puck Control Slider

Not sure if this has already been explained but I thought I'd have a pop as I think I've finally cracked it.

This dawned on me at the end of a really difficult BAGM season where is was just getting knocked off the puck so easily and couldn't check the CPU off it.

Firstly id read in another thread that the puck control slider was reversed in some way so shifted it from 0 to 4 for both. It was noticeable that there was more loose pucks so I tended to agree that it was reversed... However, as the season went on I found the CPU still carried a slight control advantage so increased their puck control to 6, BIG MISTAKE.

With two games left in the season and missing the playoffs I put both parties slider at 6, all of a sudden there were loose pucks everywhere and I was able to get separation on the CPU. Again as the CPU still held a slight advantage in puck retrieval so I dropped the CPU slider to 4, BINGO!

Basically the wording "how easy it is to knock a player off the puck" totally makes sense.

The higher the rating the easier it is for that party to knock the other off the puck.

Someone has probably already done this and told the whole forum so apologies if I'm repeating. It's just really been a total game changer and I think the sliders I have set up now are spot on.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Puck Control Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markatron8
Not sure if this has already been explained but I thought I'd have a pop as I think I've finally cracked it.

This dawned on me at the end of a really difficult BAGM season where is was just getting knocked off the puck so easily and couldn't check the CPU off it.

Firstly id read in another thread that the puck control slider was reversed in some way so shifted it from 0 to 4 for both. It was noticeable that there was more loose pucks so I tended to agree that it was reversed... However, as the season went on I found the CPU still carried a slight control advantage so increased their puck control to 6, BIG MISTAKE.

With two games left in the season and missing the playoffs I put both parties slider at 6, all of a sudden there were loose pucks everywhere and I was able to get separation on the CPU. Again as the CPU still held a slight advantage in puck retrieval so I dropped the CPU slider to 4, BINGO!

Basically the wording "how easy it is to knock a player off the puck" totally makes sense.

The higher the rating the easier it is for that party to knock the other off the puck.

Someone has probably already done this and told the whole forum so apologies if I'm repeating. It's just really been a total game changer and I think the sliders I have set up now are spot on.

Cheers.
what sliders you using?
Old 05-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
Rookie

These are what I have set at the moment on BAGM. They are my own developed from people's sliders posted on here so I suppose its best to adjust to see what suits you really.
The big game changer prior to the puck control brain attack was the pass accuracy mainly cos I was watching an NHL match on TV and I was thinking they hardly ever miss a pass be it top line players of fourth liners, but they often skip off the puck if too hard. I had a look on here and someone had pretty much done the same and made the changes. Then it was just a case of creating loose pucks like in a real game.

RULES
Skill level. All star
Game style. Current/hardcore
Period Length. 10mins

GENERAL
Tuner. Latest
CPU aid. Hardcore
Broken stick. 2
Game speed. 1
Attribute effects. Full
Fatigue effect. Both full
Fatigue recovery. Both 2
Injury occurrence. 6/5
Puck control. 6/4
Player acceleration. 3/3

AI
Learning. 1
CPU difficulty adjustment. 0 otherwise it tends to cheat
CPU strategy adjustment. 1
CPU face off difficulty. 4
Fight difficulty. 4
CPU penalties. Full
CPU teammate pens. 5

PASSING
Pass assist. Full
Manual passing. On
Pass speed. 4
Saucer pass speed. 1
Pass accuracy. 6/4
Pass reception. 0/0
Pass interceptions. 2/1

SHOOTING
Shot accuracy. 2/0
Shot power. 4/4
Slap shot accuracy. 2/1
Sap shot power. 4/4
One time accuracy. 2/1

CHECKING
Hitting assistance. Full
Aggression. 3/3 (because puck control so high & you still get harassed)
Hitting power. 0/0 (with big bodies, still get between 10&15 hits each a game)
Stick lift effectiveness. 3/3
Poke effectiveness. 1/1

GOALIES
Goalie passing. 2
Goalie cover puck. Full
Goalie screen effect. 2/4
Goalie reaction speed. 2/2

Feel free to ask questions or post some results. Like I said they work for me I find it tough v the CPU but it plays a good game. Sill players can show skill with the level of passing yet you can maintain battles along the boards and loose pucks. A good balance.
Please go easy on me being a Brit.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markatron8
These are what I have set at the moment on BAGM. They are my own developed from people's sliders posted on here so I suppose its best to adjust to see what suits you really.
The big game changer prior to the puck control brain attack was the pass accuracy mainly cos I was watching an NHL match on TV and I was thinking they hardly ever miss a pass be it top line players of fourth liners, but they often skip off the puck if too hard. I had a look on here and someone had pretty much done the same and made the changes. Then it was just a case of creating loose pucks like in a real game.

RULES
Skill level. All star
Game style. Current/hardcore
Period Length. 10mins

GENERAL
Tuner. Latest
CPU aid. Hardcore
Broken stick. 2
Game speed. 1
Attribute effects. Full
Fatigue effect. Both full
Fatigue recovery. Both 2
Injury occurrence. 6/5
Puck control. 6/4
Player acceleration. 3/3

AI
Learning. 1
CPU difficulty adjustment. 0 otherwise it tends to cheat
CPU strategy adjustment. 1
CPU face off difficulty. 4
Fight difficulty. 4
CPU penalties. Full
CPU teammate pens. 5

PASSING
Pass assist. Full
Manual passing. On
Pass speed. 4
Saucer pass speed. 1
Pass accuracy. 6/4
Pass reception. 0/0
Pass interceptions. 2/1

SHOOTING
Shot accuracy. 2/0
Shot power. 4/4
Slap shot accuracy. 2/1
Sap shot power. 4/4
One time accuracy. 2/1

CHECKING
Hitting assistance. Full
Aggression. 3/3 (because puck control so high & you still get harassed)
Hitting power. 0/0 (with big bodies, still get between 10&15 hits each a game)
Stick lift effectiveness. 3/3
Poke effectiveness. 1/1

GOALIES
Goalie passing. 2
Goalie cover puck. Full
Goalie screen effect. 2/4
Goalie reaction speed. 2/2

Feel free to ask questions or post some results. Like I said they work for me I find it tough v the CPU but it plays a good game. Sill players can show skill with the level of passing yet you can maintain battles along the boards and loose pucks. A good balance.
Please go easy on me being a Brit.
well first game played i'm the pens against the wild the final score was 6-5 with me winning with a goal with 2.3 secs left in the 3rd period shots was pretty even going to play a couple more, kind of high scoring i'm hoping that was just the sliders not setting in fully yet
Old 05-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

i take look at setting, i see goalie reaction speed: 2/2, way to easy,
you'd have to up hole ai section to 6 , be a pro strategy adjustment & human strategy adjustment: both 0,just to get a good game out of the cpu,
goalie reaction speed 3/3 or some random combination, at roster update: 15
2/2 became too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
you'd have to up hole ai section to 6 , be a pro strategy adjustment & human strategy adjustment: both 0,just to get a good game out of the cpu,
2/2 became too easy.
Be a pro strategy adjustment or human strategy adjustment and roster update 15 wasn't taken into account as these were solely being used for BAGM.
2/2 have been fine for me, perhaps I'm not too hot on the sticks. I've had a few games using these now and they are pretty much bob on for me.
From the end of my last season as Montreal to the start of this as Boston I've had these results, including pre season games although I try out other players and goalies during this time as does the CPU so perhaps it's not the best reflection.

Mont 3 - Fla 1
Mont 2 - NYI 1
Mont 1 - TB 3
Mont 1 - TOR 3

Pre season
Bos 1 - TOR 2
Bos 2 - Buf 3 OT
Bos 6 - Mont 7
Bos 2 - Ott 3 OT

Bos 7 - NJ 6 OT
Bos 3 - NYR 0

Shots pretty much even. Only crazy games were v NJ they had nearly 50 shots then v Montreal pre season they were 6-1 up going into the 3rd. Also following the NJ game the Rangers only had 18 shots. Seem to get a massive difference in played pending on being home or away.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
2/2 became too easy.
way to easy for YOU. to each their own with slider sets etc.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
2/2 became too easy.
Quote:
2/2 became too easy.
Be a pro strategy adjustment or human strategy adjustment and roster update 15 wasn't taken into account as these were solely being used for BAGM.
2/2 have been fine for me, perhaps I'm not too hot on the sticks. I've had a few games using these now and they are pretty much bob on for me.
From the end of my last season as Montreal to the start of this as Boston I've had these results, including pre season games although I try out other players and goalies during this time as does the CPU so perhaps it's not the best reflection.

Mont 3 - Fla 1
Mont 2 - NYI 1
Mont 1 - TB 3
Mont 1 - TOR 3

Pre season
Bos 1 - TOR 2
Bos 2 - Buf 3 OT
Bos 6 - Mont 7
Bos 2 - Ott 3 OT

Bos 7 - NJ 6 OT
Bos 3 - NYR 0

Shots pretty much even. Only crazy games were v NJ they had nearly 50 shots then v Montreal pre season they were 6-1 up going into the 3rd. Also following the NJ game the Rangers only had 18 shots. Seem to get a massive difference in played pending on being home or away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »