Home

College Hoops 2k8 questions on Legacy/GM Mode

This is a discussion on College Hoops 2k8 questions on Legacy/GM Mode within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
College Hoops 2k8 questions on Legacy/GM Mode

Hi there, I have some questions regarding the GM mode or legacy mode for the College Hoops 2k8 game.

I did some searching regarding the best/top GM, Dynasty, Legacy mode games and College Hoops 2k8 always seems to be ranked quite highly.

Despite all this, I can't seem to find any walkthroughs for the game; further I am interested in knowing in finding out if you can do:

1. Set prices for things, let marketing spend, advertising spend, concessions
2. What is the wheeling and dealing like?
3. Where can I find text walkthroughs?

I've seen some videos on Youtube but I couldn't find anything on setting prices, managing board expectations, stadium upgrades, etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Rookie

kujoking7's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: College Hoops 2k8 questions on Legacy/GM Mode

I'm not sure really you understand how college basketball 2K8 works. First off, you're not playing as a GM, you're pretty much a coach in NCAA hoops. There is no marketing, advertising, or concessions (such as MLB the Show). There is no "wheeling and dealing", which I believe you are eluding to trades. I'm not sure where you can find a walkthrough, but I'll attempt to give you a basic idea of what you do.

First, you start off either an open or closed Legacy. Closed is where you coach a pretty terrible team in a very low conference and try to rise them up to glory. In open, you choose whichever team you like. I prefer closed because it's much more fun and challenging. Once in the legacy, you have a summer camp where you can scout certain high school players to get a base line on their interest in your school. Once the season starts, the only "GM"-ish thing you do is recruiting, where you call, email, get game tape, and visit certain recruits to come and play at your school. You can set your own coaching staff (2 assistant coaches) and figure out what your team needs most.

College sports don't have GM's, they have coaches and athletic directors, so I feel the legacy mode is so highly touted is because the game hasn't been made for over 5 years and the gameplay is awesome that it's stuck this long. If you don't like playing the actual game part of it, the recruiting here can get very monotonous if that's really all you're doing. If you're looking for a pure GM game where you head the show as a GM, the 2 best games I've found are MVP Baseball and MLB the Show.

“Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.”
Old 07-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: College Hoops 2k8 questions on Legacy/GM Mode

Many thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »