Home

Rascoc's Default Sliders that fixed my game???

This is a discussion on Rascoc's Default Sliders that fixed my game??? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Rascoc's Default Sliders that fixed my game???

I have always played on Heisman and fast or very fast. The below allowed me to use slow because it seems to have changed the speed and animations. Just tried these on six games straight and it seems to have unlocked rating vs ratings and REALISTIC gameplay (albeit without penalties). Even QBs were throwing in the 50%s. Please post results.

Off: All American
Def: All American
UVU: All American
9 mins
Game Speed: Slow
Thrshold: 50

ALL Penalties at ZERO

EVERY Hum and CPU Sliders at default 50
EXCEPT for FG Acc hum 0 and cpu 40
and hum punt power 45,hum ko power 25
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rascoc's Default Sliders that fixed my game???

I set the penalties to zero in conjunction with my own slider set I was trying out and got a very good game. I'm playing on heisman normal with zero speed threshold. So it looks with penalties at zero, it helps in getting ratings matter more and produces some cool animations.

One play stood out in particular and that was an interception by aaron Colvin who got beat on an out route and turned around, but quickly gathered himself and using instincts undercut the route for a pick six INT. Checking the awr ratings, he is a 99 so that made sense. Overall I saw a ton of cool animations and it feels like the gameplay is more fluid and less rigid on defense, it allows the infinity engine to come out more. I really think the penalty sliders dramatically affect the offense and defense sliders more than the defense and offense sliders can effect what you see in game. I didn't see any facemask animations on zero facemask, while if you jack up the facemask slider to 55 and above, you see that animation more and more. That specific animation on high facemask values, generates that animation more and more. In effect, it overrides the natural variety of tackles produced by the infinity engine. The ball is also more loose on all zero penalties. I had a very cool fumble I generated on Zach Kline of Cal where he was stumbling and my DE tackled him and jarred the ball loose, it was very cool.

These are just impressions of what I saw, however, I'm very interested in playing around with sliders now on all zero because I think at all zero penalties, the infinity engine and players are not restricted by arbitrary penalties rules. The penalty sliders in my opinion act as a modifier of the gameplay and produce results which limit the full impact of the infinity system. On zero I saw more aggressive CPU defensive play that was smart. I saw a really cool defensive play where Colvin and the receiver got locked up as the receiver caught a ball and Colvin was able to bat it away for an incompletion.

I will try threshold at fifty because I'm seeing a fasting game on zero with more room, and I want to see if I can even up that space a little more to realistically mimic the NCAA game.

Sorry about the long post, however, I think zero penalties adds a whole new wrinkle to the game and needs to be tested further.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

With IG at zero is the CPU qb taking off too much?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Mick-S's Arena

OVR: 0

although I understand that to improve gameplay is why your trying this approach, but football without penalties can`t be right, I think EA need to re-think this gameplay slider/penalty interaction.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
Rookie

No. The exact opposite on AA with thresh at 50 and speed at slow. Passing QBs threw the ball away with alot more intelligence than the norm when pressured. They were able to dodge several sacks because of it. Had one game with bama with 5 sacks and another game with bama with 2 sacks. where aaron murray tossed it out of bounds. I am also seeing overthrows and underthrows with qb acc at 50 for both believe it or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

wow I just saw a fumble with cpu tackle at fifty, kickoff return. Returner didn't shift ball to opposite hand, tackler jars it loose. Unreal.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

I think I'm going to do a split set for these. Heisman Difficulty on offense, and All-American on defense, the cpu on heisman is a beast on offense.

I was using Jeff scott in my last game and he is just shifty and the penalties at zero really reflect this. You don't get that suction anymore that you do with penalties. Throwing out into the flats on default penalties, you were limited in your movement for a while, not anymore. I saw a neat animation where my LT got beat and he tried to steer the lineman away from my rb. Also I believe excluding QB ACC, the sliders are all effected more than at default when you raise or lower them.

I have not seen unncessary scrambling by the qb.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
Rookie

All american default with 50 thresh on slow was the most fun I have ever had in the series. No penalties in these settings but the game play is well worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »