Home

The Omission Of Practicing Plays

This is a discussion on The Omission Of Practicing Plays within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
The Omission Of Practicing Plays

How do you guys/gals feel about NBA 2K's decision to remove the ability to practice plays? How often did you use the mode? Would you like to see it back?

Personally, I'm downright angry about it. I sit in practice mode 95% of the time when I'm playing 2K and the removal of practicing plays has hit me hard.

Running with no defense allows you to learn how the play develops and gets your timing down. It allows you to see the "perfect" scenario of how a guy should come off a screen, where the pass should go and helps you recognize when the option is closed - which this is just one example out of many.

It also allows you to identify the broken plays because we all know they exist. Its very difficult/annoying to run the play 100 times in Scrimmage mode as the defense will adapt and make it harder for you to allow the play run through its motions. Broken plays makes guys like vannwolfhawk's contribution to the community (correct playbooks for teams) an almost impossible task. Playing with correct playbooks along with some good rosters elevates this game tremendously but one half of that has been ripped from us.

And this just isn't a 'Sim Community' thing - even tourney gamers use #PracticePlays to find their money plays. Yeah that sucks for us #SimNation guys but its just solid proof that this isn't just a 'small sim community complaint' - this omission effects both communities.

Now I'm done with my rambling - how do you guys feel about this? I know a few of us are holding down the 'Bring Back #PracticePlays' movement on Twitter but I think if others showed their displeasure of the omission they will at least give a quick reason for the removal. Heck, at least add the ability to switch through playbooks in Scrimmage mode until it can be implemented properly.

And I know what some of you guys are thinking, yes this is just like the 'Bring Back Crew' movement but we're really hoping it doesn't take 2 years to bring something back. If they can add crew in a day or two it should take a few hours to add the ability to #PracticePlays back, I'm just saying.

- Jerz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The Omission Of Practicing Plays

Can modes be patched in the game? If so this needs to be put back in the game. I hate how things disappear for no reason. GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! PLZ #SIMNATION

Miami Heat

Miami Marlins
Old 10-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
MVP

Great Post.

We want practice plays mode back via patch or anything whatever possible way for it to be back.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

You take out Onlines leagues from 2011-and past out. For Online assication that is horrible cant evern finsh a season. Take away the Online leagues website that was so great. Take out practice plays for what reason? to put crew back in the game? What mode you guys taking out next year or feature? I dont get gaming companies the better the game is the more money you will make.

Miami Heat

Miami Marlins
Old 10-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

The omission of practicing plays is a big deal. It is like they put all this effort into trying to improve the playbook and improving some of the plays but make it harder to practice the plays and figure out which ones you want to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Practice and coach modes both being removed are baffling and I still can't think of a great objective reason to get rid of either.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #7
Rookie

kevmasood's Arena

OVR: 2

Listen , Im with my HOMIE @jerz on this, YEA it is a MOVEMENT NOW!!!!!!!, and #SIMNATION will not rest on this, #PracticePLAYS , WAT f*&$###ing bugging me is, 2K invited one our COMMUNITY MEMBERS down to 2k, in SAN FRAN, WE ALL KNOW WHO HE IS, He brings so much to the community, cuz he loves the game, he loves HELPING, PASSIONATE about wat he do as a SIM BALLER, HE goes down their with all his LUGGAGE of PLAYBOOKS, material he was willing to help 2k enhanced the game on his own, and these F%^$$%^^&& LIED to him in HIS FACE, THEN they as JERZ said NEUTERED the COMMUNITY BY TAKING THE PRACTICE PLAY MODE out the game to SPITE US, 2k got wind of what was going on, A week bfore the game DROP, they knew to intentially HURT THE SIM COMMUNITY #SIMNATION WE BALL COMPETITIVELY on a regular basis, im not talking about MY PLAYER< MY TEAM etc. YALL know wat i mean, LOT OF US PLAY ONLINE ASSOCIATION to the FULLEST, THISIS A BIG BLOW for competitive reasons, YOU CAN NOT LEARN PLAYS EFFECTIVE IN SRIMMAGE MODE PERIOD , THE PRESIDENT OF THE SIMNATION said THIS HIMSELF on his show BLOGTALKRADIO/@DA_CZAR, , JERZ put the desciption down explaining wat u cant do by learning plays, SO IM HERE cuz we need everybody HELP ON THIS, if you go to that MODE TO LEARN PLAYS LIKE WE DO, and ALL OF US #SIMHEADS it is time TO FIGHT, MAYBE 2k will see this thread , NXT GEN is getting ready to DROP, IF THIS MODE IS NOT THERE VANNWOLFHAWK32 is staying ON HIS STRIKE, WE AS THE COMMUNITY WILL MISS OUT AGAIN, WE HAVE 27 DAYS left, RANT OVER, this been weighing on my CHEST
THANKS JERZ , SIM COMMUNITY, #SIMNATION
Old 10-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

This thread needs more views, likes and even boobs.

Taking off practice play mode was a terrible mistake. We all make some, it's just time to acknowledge it 2K.

You can't even assignate different plays to players in scrimmage mode. Then after 3 possession you're getting double teamed by the AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »