Home

2014 Draft Discussion

This is a discussion on 2014 Draft Discussion within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
2014 Draft Discussion

With all the talks about tanking for this years class. I'm surprise we haven't started a thread about them yet. I know it's early. But tonight we get see some of the best players on the best teams go at it. The top 3 players are playing tonight. Parker,Wiggins and Randle. Every NBA scout will out there tonight.

I really like Parker game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2014 Draft Class

Besides those two guys, Dante Exum and Julius Randle could be starting on teams right now...
Old 11-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

I'm not completely sold on Andrew Wiggins yet. He could be the next Gerald Green. But I haven't seen any type of different skills from him. I think that's my problem.

I like Dante Exum as well.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Andrew Wiggins depending on the organization he goes too will blossom. He's strong and an aggressive slasher. His jump shot is wonky but will improve. He's nothing like Gerald Green, he's a really smart player. His biggest knock was he was so much more supremely talented than those he played against in high school he cruised. He looks like he's now ready to play at the level he has shown which at times looked downright dominant.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

RedSceptile.... I'm ready for him to shut me up. I'm just saying from the body of work I've seen. I never like the guy who coasted through games. Reminds me of the Kansas guard from last year.....Ben McLemore... But we will see.

Last edited by jeebs9; 11-12-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I'm not completely sold on Andrew Wiggins yet. He could be the next Gerald Green. But I haven't seen any type of different skills from him. I think that's my problem.

This is exactly what I was telling a friend I thought about him the other day.. He had all the tools and athletic ability to be a great great player... But the guys he's getting compared to, guys like Kobe and LeBron, I don't see near the skill-set from him I saw from those guys. Or even T-Mac and KG for that matter..

I'm not saying he can't develop them, and I hope he does because I'm all about more talent in the league.. But as of right now what is there to show he'll be LeBron James rather than Gerald Green???

Hopefully going to a school with a coach known to mold his players, rather than a one and done school, will help him become a better player than what I am currently predicting.. He has a whole college season to change my mind..

From what I've saw from Parker and Randle they look like they will be really good players... I really really like Parker's game.

Sucks that I'll be stuck at work tonight.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

I see what you mean jeebs. Personally I wish there would be more prospects with that kill or be killed mentality (and who explicitly express it). That's what made past eras so memorable and captivating IMO. There's plenty of talent today and I do realize that not everyone is going to be KG, Mailman, Shaq, Barkley type intensity/passion but it seems like in general, today's basketball player is somewhat reigned in. Not saying that's a bad thing at all, guys like Lilliard, Davis, Barnes etc. etc. all seem very classy and respectful, but I wouldn't mind seeing just straight up I will dunk you through the basket or I will rip your heart out type guys coming up as well.

I wouldn't mind having that variety of quiet killer (Duncan) with outwardly heartless. Wiggins and Parker fit into the quiet variety... at least from what I've seen.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

Seriously doubt Wiggins will fall that far down even if he is a bust. Wing players normally get the benefit of the doubt because wings are less likely to bust than say a big. Bigs are the ones who bust the hardest.

In a worst case scenario, Wiggins will turn out to be Gerald Wallace. This kid is too talented to fall into the ranks of Gerald Green. Gerald Green can barley stay in the league and he has no off court or personality issues. He's a good kid but just isn't that talented.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »