Home

Can someone explain how MyTeam works?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain how MyTeam works? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can someone explain how MyTeam works?

First time playing myteam, and im a bit confused on how it works.

i started off, chose a team name, etc, and i got selected some scrubs and a coach / areana / jersey.

how do i sell my players for the myteam currency (it said i couldn't sell) ? how to get better players? etc, please briefly explain how this game mode works, because it sounds very interesting.

(ps4 next gen version)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Can someone explain how MyTeam works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetta408
First time playing myteam, and im a bit confused on how it works.

i started off, chose a team name, etc, and i got selected some scrubs and a coach / areana / jersey.

how do i sell my players for the myteam currency (it said i couldn't sell) ? how to get better players? etc, please briefly explain how this game mode works, because it sounds very interesting.

(ps4 next gen version)
You start off will all bronze people and work your way up. You cannot sell anyone because you need to have a minimum amount of players on your roster.

To get better players, play games which earns you myTeam money. Play domination, tournaments, or road to playoffs. All offer their own unique scenario. Once you have a lot of the currency you can buy packs which produce players that allow you upgrade your team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
MVP

It's sad how other people have to do 2K's job and explain how the game works.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
It's sad how other people have to do 2K's job and explain how the game works.
Yeah it is haha. I just want clarification on the domination mode.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane3490
You start off will all bronze people and work your way up. You cannot sell anyone because you need to have a minimum amount of players on your roster.

To get better players, play games which earns you myTeam money. Play domination, tournaments, or road to playoffs. All offer their own unique scenario. Once you have a lot of the currency you can buy packs which produce players that allow you upgrade your team.

how do i buy packs? and when you buy a silver/gold pack, are the players you get from those packs random as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
Rookie

I played three domination mode games with my starter bronze team. I've had two injuries, and now I cannot go any further before I BUY VC or farm enough in the game modes to buy a pack because I don't have another heal injury card.

This is really ridiculous....either give us more vc or myteamvc for the games or scrap paying for stuff in MyGM...why do we have to pay extra, after purchasing the game, to unlock basic features like team management in MyGM mode.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daam81
I played three domination mode games with my starter bronze team. I've had two injuries, and now I cannot go any further before I BUY VC or farm enough in the game modes to buy a pack because I don't have another heal injury card.

This is really ridiculous....either give us more vc or myteamvc for the games or scrap paying for stuff in MyGM...why do we have to pay extra, after purchasing the game, to unlock basic features like team management in MyGM mode.
Can you purchase heal cards the same way you can buy contract cards when you have none left?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetta408
how do i buy packs? and when you buy a silver/gold pack, are the players you get from those packs random as well?
You buy packs with MyTeam points or VC. Probably better to use MyTeam points, as VC have other uses. Yes, players are random. And you may only get ONE in a pack. Groan! I haven't decided whether to buy a bronze or silver or gold for my first pack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »