Home

Game style differences

This is a discussion on Game style differences within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
Pro

PensDynasty87's Arena

OVR: 0
Game style differences

Can someone tell me the difference btwn high impact, hardcore simulation, and simulation. Which one is best to use for better gameplay and more penalties. Plus I have a problem drawing a tripping penalty almost everytime I poke check can someone help plz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Game style differences

Good luck. Everyone has their theories on what gameplay does what. I've posted on the EA forums a few times about this, but all I've heard are crickets. The members here might be able to at least put you in the right direction, or give some clarity.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

if you check my slider thread out, you will see that last year i started with Hardcore etc. something felt off, something just was driving me nuts. on top, felt like you had to control every player to get them to chase down loose pucks, forecheck, etc.

i then put the game down offline for a bit.

i started reading all the slider threads, guys using Hardcore and what adjustments, guys using Default and what adjustments.. i then thought, nobody using Casual or tried adjusting from Casual.

sure enough, loaded up, used my sliders in general but adjusted from Casual. the results were great. my teammates were forechecking, they were chasing down lose pucks, forcing turnovers etc, all on Superstar as well.

it looked and played like hockey, more so than what i had seen on any slider set adjusted from Hardcore or Default.

so i used the same approach this year. since Casual was replaced by High Impact, thats where i started. i adjusted from that set up and its been just as fun offline. i havent played as much bc im waiting for the revamped rosters.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Rookie

High impact does not play the same as casual of NHL13, though it is the best of the lot. What is with the sliders not saving this year?

No matter how I have tried, the game is not as good offline this year. Even stranger, if you match a CHL club against an NHL club, the CHL club plays a better game, wtf?
Old 12-31-2013, 12:13 AM   #5

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
High impact does not play the same as casual of NHL13, though it is the best of the lot. What is with the sliders not saving this year?

No matter how I have tried, the game is not as good offline this year. Even stranger, if you match a CHL club against an NHL club, the CHL club plays a better game, wtf?
plays identical to casual like 13 for me.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Felixeur's Arena

For 10 minute periods or lower, high Impact is the way to go, for more than that
hardcore simulation is the way to go since high Impact had higher shot accuracy.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Yundtder's Arena

I love High Impact. The only downfall is the penalties that arent called. Interference, boarding, ect. The AI teamates arent as good, but the speed of the game and the hitting is alot of fun!

If I could get Hardcore or Default to play a bit quicker, Id enjoy that more as it seems to have everything turned on instead of half.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #8

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yundtder
I love High Impact. The only downfall is the penalties that arent called. Interference, boarding, ect. The AI teamates arent as good, but the speed of the game and the hitting is alot of fun!

If I could get Hardcore or Default to play a bit quicker, Id enjoy that more as it seems to have everything turned on instead of half.
you have the penalties adjusted? i get hit with all kinds of penalties on my adjusted high impact sliders on superstar.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »