Home

New Updated Online Association Rosters

This is a discussion on New Updated Online Association Rosters within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New Updated Online Association Rosters

So they recently updated the rosters for online association. My friends and I did a draft on Wednesday night and the new contracts were included (Favors, Paul George, etc), and players like MCW were given a boost. With the updated rosters, does that mean the offseason free agency glitch has been fixed as well? Anyone been able to reach the offseason with the updated rosters? Did it work correctly?

What about conference finals or the NBA finals, were you able to play every game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: New Updated Online Association Rosters

how about now (3 weeks later)? Anyone been through an offseason lately?
Old 05-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm happy to report that OA last gen is finally working properly with the playoffs glitch having been addressed as well as the FA glitch for the offseason. The fix to FA glitch is to set the lg speed to "slow" prior to advancing. This allowed the more reasonable minute or two for FA bidding as opposed to the glitched less than 5 second bidding when league speed is set to fast. I know members will complain about the increased wait time as a result of the lg speed, but it is necessary in order to play multiple seasons. Our commishioner of our 30 man league did a successful test lg with those settings applied and was verified as a result. Also, all playoff games open up in the playoffs and advance accordingly. Its almost like 2k did a stealth patch without letting the community know. Many hardcore sim gamers who only play OA, were distraught at the persistent OA issues since 2K12 and consequently relegated 2k14 to the dust bin after legacy issues plaguing the last 3 iterations of the game. Numerous leagues became extinct as a result and are now an endangered species with the epic fail of next gen 2k online leagues. I am happy to report that our league "Simsational" (SSBA) has thrived as one of the active OA communities after successfully navigating our way through the minefield that is OA glitches with various trial and error settings that were the result of countless dissappointments at the thought of playing multiple seasons only to encounter a show stopping glitch.

Spread the word....OA FA and playoff glitch are history!!!!

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 05-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Man i hope you are right.. We are headed into the NBA finals this week, I'll post the results.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Quick update:

The conference finals games were all greyed out, and we had to simulate.

Not looking promising for free agency, but we will find out in a couple of days.

For the life of me I can't comprehend how this wasn't fixed in testing or with a patch. I hope next gen can develop an online association that actually works at some point, otherwise I might be done with 2K.

Such a fun game to be wasted on modes that don't work...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Sports Operator's Arena

OVR: 5

Since I saw this original post I have started two online association on 360.
The first is with real teams and is strictly just testing out what has changed, I chose slow pace from the get go for both leagues and have not touched the pace once since starting.
-The real team league took 24 hours for me to have the option to play a game and then 12 hours for the first day to advance. PLus, Granger is still on the Pacers, so idk how updated the rosters really are.
-In the fantasy draft league, it was 12 hours for the first day to advance but my friend and I were both able to play immediately after the draft had finished.
-I advanced both leagues entirely through the season, I made it to the finals in both leagues. Every series was against CPU opponents and I DID have the option to play all seven games, in every series. THAT has changed. I was pumped after I checked that out.
-After the year, no one retired in either league. A list was shown after the retirement blank page showing players that had declined their option(s). LeBron, Wade, Melo, Bosh all declined in both the real team and fantasy drafted leagues. Real Team Champ: Heat Fantasy: Grizzlies(LeBron)
-In the real team league, I had to wait 12 hours before it advanced past the Qualifying Offers/Rookie Draft Order/Free Agent Order off season tasks...after those 12 hours, it advanced to a wait time of 2 full days.
- In the fantasy drafted league, I did the same thing and am at the same point. Friday will be the day that I get a true answer to free agency being changed. I'll post it up. Any questions?

Last edited by Sports Operator; 05-21-2014 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Left out info on roster
Old 05-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #7
Just started!

great, We are headed into the NBA finals this week, I'll post the results.thanks
Old 05-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcard
Quick update:

The conference finals games were all greyed out, and we had to simulate.

Not looking promising for free agency, but we will find out in a couple of days.

For the life of me I can't comprehend how this wasn't fixed in testing or with a patch. I hope next gen can develop an online association that actually works at some point, otherwise I might be done with 2K.

Such a fun game to be wasted on modes that don't work...
Exactly how I feel. It's absolutely impossible to have missed that bug in testing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »