Home

Let's talk rims

This is a discussion on Let's talk rims within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Let's talk rims

IMO rim and net physics have stalled, where pretty much everything else has improved.

There's not enough missed shot animations, and certainly not enough made shot animations. The sound is pretty meek aswell.

Sometimes the net physics are off aswell. A soft shot that dribbles through the net will make a dramatic swish animation trigger when it shouldnt.

Hopefully, this is one of the small things the team has nailed.

And no Im not saying this is anything near a game breaker or anything like that. Im just saying it would be good if this was one of the pile of small things that go in to making an awesome game ever more awesome.

What do you all think?

Also, fix Dirk's hair.

Ok, Im done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Let's talk rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
IMO rim and net physics have stalled, where pretty much everything else has improved.

There's not enough missed shot animations, and certainly not enough made shot animations. The sound is pretty meek aswell.

Sometimes the net physics are off aswell. A soft shot that dribbles through the net will make a dramatic swish animation trigger when it shouldnt.

Hopefully, this is one of the small things the team has nailed.

And no Im not saying this is anything near a game breaker or anything like that. Im just saying it would be good if this was one of the pile of small things that go in to making an awesome game ever more awesome.

What do you all think?

Also, fix Dirk's hair.

Ok, Im done.
It's crazy how a team hasn't gotten the physics or looks right for a rim and net yet. I think last years live did a pretty good job with it, hopefully 2K has improved upon it since then. I'd like to see someone get it right.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

I like this thread.

I agree - not a game breaker, but something I look forward to seeing every year for the first time.

For some reason it means a lot to me that they are as close to the real thing as possible. It adds to the realism when a ball misses or makes as it would in real life.

One key I think is that the net may move ok (not perfect) but is definitely moving too slow....video game slow.

Also hate the look and sound of dunks.

But yes, rim/net physics, animations and sounds, definitely agree, important and not quite where they need to be.

Ok - I too am done. Haha..
Old 08-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

One thing 2k can learn from the EA FIFA team is how the latter lets us choose the type of goal & net to play on, which in turn shows different net animations when scoring goals. You can choose from tight/loose nets and they look different in their own way. I wish 2k would just implement different net mechanics and let us choose
Old 08-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
One thing 2k can learn from the EA FIFA team is how the latter lets us choose the type of goal & net to play on, which in turn shows different net animations when scoring goals. You can choose from tight/loose nets and they look different in their own way. I wish 2k would just implement different net mechanics and let us choose
Like.... net physics sliders? Never thought of that. I agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

rim/net physics and sound updates are definitely overdue.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #7
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

One of the devs need to head on over to NLSC and download the net physics mod and copy the sequence used in that file. The net actually moves like a net and not some strings flapping in the wind.
They could also take a page out of their own book and use the sounds from actual arenas for the baskets. They've had the same floor squeak, ball bouncing, and rim sounds since Dreamcast smh. If I can overlay youtube vids sound over gameplay, why can't they take actual basket recordings and have them replace the old ones
Old 08-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #8
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

OVR: 5

I totally agree. It's one of those small things that seems to get overlooked every year but now that we're on a new gen of consoles, it really should be addressed at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »