Home

Authentic Arenas?

This is a discussion on Authentic Arenas? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Banned

twelveone's Arena

OVR: 0
Authentic Arenas?

Every Saturday for the past few months, I've crossed my fingers with hopes for the screenshot of the United Center. It hasn't happened yet obviously so I decided to see if I can find any info about it around the internet. I ended up finding something over at the EA forums. People on those boards were saying they wont have every arena in the game. Im sure they don't want to announce it any time soon considering the steaming hot carl they dropped on us this week with game modes. I believe today was the last pair of screenshots for arenas. There's only 5 teams left (Arizona, Buffalo, NYI, Chicago and Carolina). Only Buffalo's licensed arena has been in the game as of recently, the other 4 haven't been in for quite some time. Supposedly this is because 2kSports still owns the rights to some of the NHL arenas. That kind of didn't make sense to me, so I kept reading and found an E3 quote from Rammer saying "we only got 25 of the 30 arenas". Can someone confirm this for me so I can proceed with canceling my pre-order? I've put up with the lame and unauthentic "Chicago Arena" for a while now. Should they really be bragging about authentic arenas when they don't even have all of them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Authentic Arenas?

What i'm getting from this is that you're not gonna get the game because the United Center isn't featured as an authentic arena? Really? Something you'll see once or twice before pressing X or A?

EASHL not in 15, cancel preorder, I understand. But canceling an order because an authentic arena isn't in is just.. lol.

I couldn't care less about authentic arena. All 30 arenas will be the same for me when I play on overhead cam (or even the new cam). Yea, it's nice and I welcome the addition of authentic arena. It'll be nice if we can pick them in HUT for your home arena but not that it matters anyway when you're playing the game.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #3
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garism
What i'm getting from this is that you're not gonna get the game because the United Center isn't featured as an authentic arena? Really? Something you'll see once or twice before pressing X or A?

EASHL not in 15, cancel preorder, I understand. But canceling an order because an authentic arena isn't in is just.. lol.

I couldn't care less about authentic arena. All 30 arenas will be the same for me when I play on overhead cam (or even the new cam). Yea, it's nice and I welcome the addition of authentic arena. It'll be nice if we can pick them in HUT for your home arena but not that it matters anyway when you're playing the game.
Im not canceling just because of the UC not being in. Im canceling for numerous reasons, this news just put the icing on the cake. Why are you ripping on me because Im unhappy about my team's arena not being in the game? Some people care about the little details, is that illegal? The UC hasn't been in the game for like that last 5 years and Im fed up at this point. Add in the fact that there's no EASHL and a half a game for full price, I think I have a legitimate gripe. Thanks for being so kind, I hope you have a great time playing NHL 15.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:36 AM   #4
Rookie

Garism's Arena

From the context of the first post, it really does seem like the sole reason for cancelling your pre-order was because of UC not included in the game. I couldn't have known that you played GMC or EASHL etc and UC not being in was the icing on the cake.

If what you interpreted from my post offended you, then I'm sorry. You're upset that your team arena not being in the game, ok I get that. But my intentions were that arenas should be the least of your worries in NHL 15. The gameplay will be more or less the same in each arena, and it's only a matter of time before everyone presses A or X because they just want the puck to drop.

No, it's not illegal that you care about the little details.

To answer your last question of your first post, they should because they have the majority of the authentic arenas. I'm pretty sure they wished they had all 30, but it was a licensing issue.

And I will enjoy my NHL 15.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:12 AM   #5
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garism
From the context of the first post, it really does seem like the sole reason for cancelling your pre-order was because of UC not included in the game. I couldn't have known that you played GMC or EASHL etc and UC not being in was the icing on the cake.

If what you interpreted from my post offended you, then I'm sorry. You're upset that your team arena not being in the game, ok I get that. But my intentions were that arenas should be the least of your worries in NHL 15. The gameplay will be more or less the same in each arena, and it's only a matter of time before everyone presses A or X because they just want the puck to drop.

No, it's not illegal that you care about the little details.

To answer your last question of your first post, they should because they have the majority of the authentic arenas. I'm pretty sure they wished they had all 30, but it was a licensing issue.

And I will enjoy my NHL 15.

Apology accepted, everything just came to a head and I needed to vent so I came here. I should have clarified that it was the icing on the cake in my original post. It just sucks about the UC because the arenas and presentation look really great. I can't believe MSG is in the game, when I first saw that screenshot, I had a little bit of hope that maybe this was the year they finally get the UC back. You are right, it's definitely the least of my worries, but I might have a heart attack if Nassau Coliseum ends up in the game.

EASHL was one thing, that really sucks and my friends are bummed out, but what really scared me the most was the Be a GM comments from EA. It's my favorite mode and the one I spend the most time in. I don't know what to expect now. I didn't play NHL 14 so I don't know if that Be a gm was any different then previous iterations (probably not).

I was really looking forward to this game back in June and now Im thoroughly disappointed. However, I love hockey too much to not have a video game to go with it. I will still play the demo and if the gameplay is solid, I will purchase at a later date. I'll just have to be a different team in be a gm to start off with, preferably one with an authentic arena,

Maybe we both will be enjoying NHL 15 this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 01:32 AM   #6
Rookie

Garism's Arena

I'm pretty confident that once the licensing expire with 2K (I think they have a few hockey licensing, and one of them being UC), EA would try to get them and add it to their game.

If you spend most of your time on BeAGm, then i would not get it on launch date especially for current gen. It's been known that it's been stripped to its core, so I'll make the decision to buy it once you've seen some videos on youtube. I'm almost certain that 2BC will have BeAGM for NHL 15 (hopefully he'll do one for XBONE version cause he's getting both copies, but that's his job and another story).

I love hockey as much as you do, but I've sold my PS3 a few weeks ago so I've been without it for a long time. I've been dying for some hockey. I play both HUT and EASHL, and yea it sucks that it was removed but EASHL isn't a make-or-break for me. For those of you wondering, I don't spend a penny on HUT.

As i've posted on another place,it really depends on how you see the half-filled glass of NHL 15. Half-full, NHL 15 will offer a complete new experience of hockey video games. Half-empty, NHL 15 is the beta game for future titles on current gen.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #7
Rookie

Icon6 Re: Authentic Arenas?

For whatever it's worth to the OP, the UC is in NBA Live, so EA has some form of access to the license. I've read a few posts in other threads and on EA's forums that state their a specific deal with 2k revolving around the hockey rink itself. Hopefully that deal will be over soon, since 2k hasn't put out a hockey game in a while...
4:06
One Goal
Old 08-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveone
Im not canceling just because of the UC not being in. Im canceling for numerous reasons, this news just put the icing on the cake. Why are you ripping on me because Im unhappy about my team's arena not being in the game? Some people care about the little details, is that illegal? The UC hasn't been in the game for like that last 5 years and Im fed up at this point. Add in the fact that there's no EASHL and a half a game for full price, I think I have a legitimate gripe. Thanks for being so kind, I hope you have a great time playing NHL 15.
If the game recreated every detail about United Center but just calls it a different name due to licensing issues, will you still be upset?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »